Compiled list of DefaultGameCore.ini settings and their funtions

Xionanx

Hi there.

If the answer to the following question already exists, please excuse me, but ten pages in a foreign language...

I had read carefully the first post of this thread, and the wiki, and tons of others things about the DefaultGameCore.ini, but whatever I tweak in this file, it appears it does not work at all in the game. There is something I'm doing wrong, but I do not figure out what.

I tried
SteamApps\common\XCom-Enemy-Unknown\XComeGame\Config\DefaultGameCore.ini

SteamApps\common\XCom-Enemy-Unknown\XEW\XComeGame\Config\DefaultGameCore.ini

I searched, in case, in \My Games\XCOM - Enemy (Unknown/Within)\XComGame\Config
But no DefaultGameCore.ini there.

I assume the two files I tweaked are the right ones, but there is no changes in the game (soldiers values, headquarter values, facilities, ...)

What's wrong with my process?

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You need to "Enable INI loading" first. The easiest way currently is to use the "PatcherGUI" tool from the "UPK Utils" mod. "PatcherGUI" is a separate download that has everything you need. Be sure to read the "ReadMe" link on the Nexus download page first.

The complete process is in the "Basic Guide to installing mods" article.

-Dubious-

Edited by dubiousintent

• 1 month later...

AFAIK, there are no DGC.INI parameters that affect either. Which means someone would have to locate it in code and determine if it was buried in one (or more) of the native functions we can't peer into. If that is the case, then a replacement for the native function would have to be crafted to change anything, and that is a very scary proposition because you can't tell everything that the function is doing or interacts with. So far, that step has been avoided wherever possible. I don't recall any of the code divers reporting on those particular bits of functionality, though hopefully they will speak up if they have.

The "How to DIY common mod solutions" and the "DefaultGameCore.ini settings" wiki articles cover pretty much everything that can be modified without having to either use a mod developed by a code diver, or finding and hex-editing yourself. Mods like "Long War" that manage to modify or add new weapons may add some parameters you can tweak, but that is up to the mod developer to implement. You would have to take the question up with them.

-Dubious-

Hi.

I want to add perk "Bullet swarm" to all my support-soldier by editing DefaultGameCore.ini. Writing Squaddie=ePerk_BulletSwarm into support's perk tree

SoldierPerkTrees=(SoldierType=eSC_Support, Squaddie=ePerk_BulletSwarm, Squaddie=ePerk_SmokeBomb, Corporal1=ePerk_CoveringFire, Corporal2=ePerk_Sprinter, Sergeant1=ePerk_SmokeAndMirrors, Sergeant2=ePerk_FieldMedic, Lieutenant1=ePerk_FocusedSuppression, Lieutenant2=ePerk_Revive, Captain1=ePerk_CombatDrugs, Captain2=ePerk_DenseSmoke, Major=ePerk_DeepPockets, Colonel1=ePerk_Sentinel, Colonel2=ePerk_Savior)

But have no effect. Where is my mistake?

First, you always need to identify which version of the game (EU or EW) you are playing, and which if any mods you have installed.

Second, see the wiki article "How to DIY common mod solutions". The presence of a number after the other ranks (i.e. Corporal1) indicates that there are more than one perk option available at that rank. The Squaddie rank can (in vanilla) only have one perk. So you would need to replace "ePerk_SmokeBomb" with "ePerk_BulletSwarm". You can't change the number of slots in the perk tree without a mod to hex code. The only mod other than "Long War" with this ability that I am aware of is for EU by Amineri (of the "Long War" team; and not much chance she will update it until LW is stable).

Third, it may be you don't have the "Enable INI Loading" mod in place as described in that wiki article. There is a simple test there as well.

-Dubious-

• 1 year later...

PSI_GIFT_CHANCE=4

; This number is used in a calculation to determine the % chance that a soldier will have the Psi gift. LOWER numbers INCREASE the chance, HIGHER numbers decrease the chance. If you ; want more soldiers to be Psionic make this a 0.

I have doing a bit of testing with the psionic gift value and what I have found is if using a value=0 you have aprox the same number of psionics as a value=4; but using a value=0.1 all soldiers have a 100% chance of being a psionic; or at least 40 of my 40 soldiers were gifted. Also, with a value=1 soldiers have around a 50% chance of being psionics.

Also, I have changed the xp needed for the last psionic power (Rift) and i can confirm you can get it, but theres no message about the soldier leveling up and doesnt appear at the psionic abilities, but it is in the skill bar when you are playing a mission.

Keep on the good work!

May i ask how you added it to the soldiers? I'm still trying to understand how to add stuff to soldiers.

• 4 months later...
  • 4 months later...

I have learned that in the ini settings that look like this:

SoldierStatProgression=(eClass=eSC_Support, eRank=eRank_Squaddie, iHP=1, iAim=5, iWill=2, iDefense=0, iMobility=1 )

any bonus you put in iDefense is NOT applied in the game. See XComStrategyGame.upk >> XGStrategySoldier >> LevelUpStats()

iMobility=1 Doesn't seem to increase mobility in my case :(.