TECH_TIME_BALANCE=6.66

ITEM_TIME_BALANCE=1

ITEM_CREDIT_BALANCE=1

ITEM_ELERIUM_BALANCE=1

ITEM_ALLOY_BALANCE=1

FACILITY_COST_BALANCE=1

FACILITY_MAINTENANCE_BALANCE=1

FACILITY_TIME_BALANCE=1

; Appears to follow the same multiplier rules as other settings, however I am unsure of TIME BALANCE. The rest make it cost more/less resources to build things vs BASE depending on ; what you set them to. 1 being BASE, 2 being TWO TIMES BASE, 0.5 being half base. and 0 being FREE.

Item time balance is a straight multiplier of the time required to build an item.

e.g. ItemBalance=(eItem=eItem_Satellite,iCash=150,iElerium=0, iAlloys=0, iTime=20, iEng=5)

ITEM_TIME_BALANCE=3 will turn those 20 days into 60 days (tested, verified)

works with percentiles, so item balance = 1.2 will add 20% time to the iTime of each eItem.

(I do not know where, or how, the remainder of the eItem times are disabled, its a darn shame as turning them back on, so items take time to produce, would be a wonderful, wonderful change)

Someone said in another topic that those settings are set in one of the .upk files, which means we can't change it right now. Would be nice to turn it on, as it sort of feels like cheating right now.

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

CritWoundChance = NO IDEA HOW THIS STAT EFFECTS ANYTHING (NEED MORE INFO)

As a Character Stat, could this be the chance of the character surviving a killing blow? (Keeping in mind the one Officer's Training upgrade that I forget the name of, but increases the chance of soldiers surviving based on their rank.)

Of course, it could also be some form of legacy, but the above makes sense to me.

; Main Balance Factors

TECH_TIME_BALANCE=6.66

ITEM_TIME_BALANCE=1

ITEM_CREDIT_BALANCE=1

ITEM_ELERIUM_BALANCE=1

ITEM_ALLOY_BALANCE=1

FACILITY_COST_BALANCE=1

FACILITY_MAINTENANCE_BALANCE=1

FACILITY_TIME_BALANCE=1

; Appears to follow the same multiplier rules as other settings, however I am unsure of TIME BALANCE. The rest make it cost more/less resources to build things vs BASE depending on ; what you set them to. 1 being BASE, 2 being TWO TIMES BASE, 0.5 being half base. and 0 being FREE.

Item time balance is a straight multiplier of the time required to build an item.

e.g. ItemBalance=(eItem=eItem_Satellite,iCash=150,iElerium=0, iAlloys=0, iTime=20, iEng=5)

ITEM_TIME_BALANCE=3 will turn those 20 days into 60 days (tested, verified)

works with percentiles, so item balance = 1.2 will add 20% time to the iTime of each eItem.

(I do not know where, or how, the remainder of the eItem times are disabled, its a darn shame as turning them back on, so items take time to produce, would be a wonderful, wonderful change)

Someone said in another topic that those settings are set in one of the .upk files, which means we can't change it right now. Would be nice to turn it on, as it sort of feels like cheating right now.

nope, works fine (item time balance and tech balance)

Not that i have tried any of the modifications but i have noted in said config that a value of -1 seems to imply an unlimited setting for quite a few values. You may want to try plugging that for your flight fuel on character or abilities. It may break cause many game breaks but that may need to be added as a boolean for your OP on each of the settings as to if an unlimited value may be applied or not.

Here is the wiki page I made for this :

http://wiki.tesnexus.com/index.php/XCOM:EU_DefaultGameCore.ini_settings

It's just a copy-paste of post #1 as it is today, with wiki formatting (up until a certain point, did not finish yet. My fingers are hurting from the first half ^^;)

I'll edit in everyone's additions in this thread when I find the courage to.

If anyone is willing, fell free to do it yourself. That's the point of a wiki after all !

Also I would probably be better if future contributions are made directly on the wiki (or both on the wiki and this thread, but that kind of defeats the purpose)

PSI_GIFT_CHANCE=4

; This number is used in a calculation to determine the % chance that a soldier will have the Psi gift. LOWER numbers INCREASE the chance, HIGHER numbers decrease the chance. If you ; want more soldiers to be Psionic make this a 0.

I have doing a bit of testing with the psionic gift value and what I have found is if using a value=0 you have aprox the same number of psionics as a value=4; but using a value=0.1 all soldiers have a 100% chance of being a psionic; or at least 40 of my 40 soldiers were gifted. Also, with a value=1 soldiers have around a 50% chance of being psionics.

Also, I have changed the xp needed for the last psionic power (Rift) and i can confirm you can get it, but theres no message about the soldier leveling up and doesnt appear at the psionic abilities, but it is in the skill bar when you are playing a mission.

Keep on the good work!

Here is the wiki page I made for this :

http://wiki.tesnexus.com/index.php/XCOM:EU_DefaultGameCore.ini_settings

It's just a copy-paste of post #1 as it is today, with wiki formatting (up until a certain point, did not finish yet. My fingers are hurting from the first half ^^;)

I'll edit in everyone's additions in this thread when I find the courage to.

If anyone is willing, fell free to do it yourself. That's the point of a wiki after all !

Also I would probably be better if future contributions are made directly on the wiki (or both on the wiki and this thread, but that kind of defeats the purpose)

You are a hero. I'll make a news post soon and include this in it.

FYI people, if you're interested in helping out then you can login to the wiki using your Nexus username and password and edit the page.