Compiled list of DefaultGameCore.ini settings and their funtions

Xionanx

so far i can't find any camera zoom lines in the defaultcore files...did i looked in the wrong .ini??

well,if it's possible,i would love to have an enhanced zoom..so i could look at my soldier a bit more close...or,if it's doable,instead of an isometric style,it would've been great if it can be toggle as a free camera (X,Y,Z axis) :D

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

so far i can't find any camera zoom lines in the defaultcore files...did i looked in the wrong .ini??

well,if it's possible,i would love to have an enhanced zoom..so i could look at my soldier a bit more close...or,if it's doable,instead of an isometric style,it would've been great if it can be toggle as a free camera (X,Y,Z axis) :D

It's not in the inis.

Many people are hoping for such changes, so pretty soon after daemonjax and other awesome people get the repack thing working, we'll be golden :)

Weapons assume class limitations:

example:

change Assault Rifle to be usable by the sniper soin properties add: eWP_Sniper (sniper can use it)

Having made this change the WEAPON will have the Sniper aim-fall applied to it.

i.e. Assault Rifles will now have a penalty too-hit at close ranges.

Now allow anybody to use the assault_rifle .... Assault_Rifle eWP_AnyClass (properties again)

Now anybody can use the assault rifle, however it will STILL have the sniper aim-fall limitations applied to it, regardless of who/what class is using it.

----------------

With this borne in mind there are some rather clever things that can be done....

Edited by Anbar

It's not in the inis.

Many people are hoping for such changes, so pretty soon after daemonjax and other awesome people get the repack thing working, we'll be golden :)

yeah,it would be awesome if we can have a free camera + enhanced zoom in features..it can be used as a pseudo-3rd person sometimes inside the battlefield..which is awesome!!

on the other,i'll be looking forward for a detailed customize char mod :D

eAbility_Bloodlust - This is, no doubt, the Berzerker's Bloodlust 'ability'; you know, that gives it a free ~5 tile move towards whoever last shot it, or its previous target if its current attacker is out of LoS or somewhere it can't reach, even if it isn't the Berzerker's turn yet. So you could probably remove this from them if you wanted to make them really easy targets.

eCP_Hardened - 'Hardened' is a property that appears on certain units, namely Sectopods and Berzerkers; it applies a pretty significant (40~%) penalty to the chance of incoming critical hits, but not normal hits. Which is to say if a unit is Hardened, the chances of your units getting a crit on it are much lower. Simple. Essentially it's for tough, heavily-armoured targets that the devs didn't want you to be able to kill too easily by using Headshot on them lots.

eAP_AirEvade/eCP_AirEvade - Judging by existing entries, this probably confers the 'always has at least Light Cover, especially when airborne' effect seen on Floaters, Cyberdisks, and Archangel Armour. I don't think it's quite as good as normal half-cover but it's still better than none at all.

This is based off a little guesswork, and the Unit Info panel ingame. Complete autopsies and interrogations, and it'll tell you useful things about an enemy's properties and abilities right there in the game!

Ed: Oh, and MIN_SCATTER is the minimum accuracy of manually-aimed explosive attacks, such as the Heavy's rockets, or Frag/Alien/etc. grenades. It works on a scale of 0 to 100. So if you boost MIN_SCATTER up to 95 (MIN_SCATTER=95), then area attacks have a 95% chance of hitting the desired point. Reducing it makes them less accurate, obviously.

Not sure if/how this impacts the aliens, and their special attacks like the Sectopod's Cluster Bomb.

Edited by Arcalane

PSI_TEST_LIMIT - If your first PSI_TEST_LIMIT soldiers are not psi-capable, your next soldier is guaranteed to be positive. At the default value of 5, this would be the first soldier added to the second batch, as the psi-testing is resolved in reverse order.

if(!bGifted && (m_iNumGifted == 0) && (m_iNumTested > class'XGTacticalGameCore'.default.PSI_TEST_LIMIT))
{
	bGifted = true;
}

Could someone add this on wiki?

On any difficulty level newly recruted soldiers appear to be using the Easy settings table (probably a bug), so if you replace

BalanceMods_Easy=(eType=eChar_Soldier, iDamage=0, iCritHit=0,iAim=0,iDefense=0,iHP=+1, iMobility=0,iWill=0)

with

BalanceMods_Easy=(eType=eChar_Soldier, iDamage=0, iCritHit=0,iAim=0,iDefense=0,iHP=-1, iMobility=0,iWill=0)

you will hire rookies on Classic with the same HP as the ones you are given at the beginning.

Could someone add this on wiki?

On any difficulty level newly recruted soldiers appear to be using the Easy settings table (probably a bug), so if you replace

BalanceMods_Easy=(eType=eChar_Soldier, iDamage=0, iCritHit=0,iAim=0,iDefense=0,iHP=+1, iMobility=0,iWill=0)

with

BalanceMods_Easy=(eType=eChar_Soldier, iDamage=0, iCritHit=0,iAim=0,iDefense=0,iHP=-1, iMobility=0,iWill=0)

you will hire rookies on Classic with the same HP as the ones you are given at the beginning.

When I found out about that, I just changed all of the difficulty modifiers to 0, and directly modified the starting values, to avoid any problems with that. Firaxis really needs to fix some of these bugs, if modding for this game is going to go anywhere. :\

SAT_HELP_DEFECT=1 ;If country has satellite, "Chance of Leaving"*SAT_HELP_DEFECT, BLOCK REDUCTION for the PANIC DEFECT CHANCE, basicly a 10% reduction in chance.

SAT_HELP_DEFECT=1

SAT_HELP_DEFECT=1

SAT_HELP_DEFECT=1

SAT_NEARBY_HELP_DEFECT=1 ;Else If continent has one or more satellite, "Chance of Leaving"*SAT_NEARBY_HELP_DEFECT BLOCK REDUCTION for the PANIC DEFECT CHANCE, basicly a 10% reduction in chance.

SAT_NEARBY_HELP_DEFECT=1

SAT_NEARBY_HELP_DEFECT=1

SAT_NEARBY_HELP_DEFECT=1

Obviously, this bit of code is a bit hard to test due to having to play at least a month or 2 to see any results, however I would reason that the number works as a multiplier plugged into the formula stated in the code ("Chance of Leaving" multiplied by SAT_HELP_DEFECT). So if the "Chance of Leaving" is 50% as set in the line PANIC_DEFECT_CHANCE_PER_BLOCK_CLASSIC=10, then the SAT_HELP_DEFECT=1 would mean there is no change because 50% multiplied by 1 = 50%. However, if you changed the value to SAT_HELP_DEFECT=0.9, then the you would lower the chance of leaving by 5% because 50% multiplied by 0.9 = 45%. I'll let you know if I get around to testing this... having too much fun!

change Assault Rifle to be usable by the sniper soin properties add: eWP_Sniper (sniper can use it)

Having made this change the WEAPON will have the Sniper aim-fall applied to it.

i.e. Assault Rifles will now have a penalty too-hit at close ranges.

Now allow anybody to use the assault_rifle .... Assault_Rifle eWP_AnyClass (properties again)

Now anybody can use the assault rifle, however it will STILL have the sniper aim-fall limitations applied to it, regardless of who/what class is using it.

I made this change as well about a week ago. Pistols finally rock in close quarters over a rifle!