Compiled list of DefaultGameCore.ini settings and their funtions

Xionanx

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyone know where to change the cost of buying interceptors? the value in the item list seems to do nothing.

open XComGame.exe in your (game)/binaries/win32 folder with resource hacker. open rcdata-1020-1033

scroll near the bottom and you'll find the item price list above the research/foundry, etc. details.

You're looking for ItemBalance=(eItem=eItem_Interceptor.

AFAIK, a lot of changes made in the DefaultGameCore.ini either don't get read, or are written over when the game/save is loaded, although some(like second wave) work.

Edited by BGBailen

I found in the UPK and exhaustive list of all eAblitilies and more. It's a goldmine for testing. There seems to be a lot of legacy code that has been cut from release.

I'm adding it all to the wiki page here

eAbilities that do not appear in DefaultGameCore :

eAbility_Move, (probably useless)

eAbility_Fly, (probably useless)

eAbility_FlyUp, (probably useless)

eAbility_FlyDown, (probably useless)

eAbility_RapidFire, (perk - as expected perk-related abilities alone do no grant soldiers the ability itself)

eAbility_ShotDroneHack, (on arc thrower after research)

eAbility_ShotFlush, (perk)

eAbility_ShotPaintTarget, (has icon, targets enemy, uses shot animation, makes no damage. Effect unknown)

eAbility_ShotPaintDefense, (? icon, no effect found)

eAbility_MotionDetector, (has the same icon as battlescanner, targets self, uses shot animation, and is seriously bugged. no found effect)

eAbility_ShotSniper_DEPRECATED, (no icon at all, seems like all the DEPRECATED stuff is unuseable)

eAbility_ShotSuppressII_DEPRECATED, (no icon at all, seems like all the DEPRECATED stuff is unuseable)

eAbility_ShotSuppressArea_DEPRECATED, (no icon at all, seems like all the DEPRECATED stuff is unuseable)

eAbility_ShotDamageCover, (seems to be the same as the sectopod's DestroyTerrain, whithout icon or description)

eAbility_TeslaHammer, (? icon, no targeting, no effect found)

eAbility_SmokeGrenade, (perk)

eAbility_RocketLauncher, (perk)

eAbility_Aim, (WORKING. skip turn for a 2-turn +20 offense bonus. Complete with description, see below)

eAbility_Mark, (has icon, targets enemies, no animation, no confirmed effect)

eAbility_HotPotato_DEPRECATED, (no icon at all, seems like all the DEPRECATED stuff is unuseable)

eAbility_PFG, (? icon, targets nowhere, no effect found)

eAbility_PFGDropped, (? icon, targets self, no effect found)

eAbility_PFGCookedOff, (? icon, targets self, no effect found)

eAbility_Torch, (WORKS ! Flamethrower !! Free aim on an area, fire spreads, did not test on enemy yet, see screens below)

eAbility_Stabilize, (medikit)

eAbility_Revive, (medikit + perk)

eAbility_Command, (WORKS - but wonky. Has icon. Targets a friendly with no actions left. Gives one more action to that ally, end the casters turn. Probably works on allies with 1 action left too.)

eAbility_RepairSHIV, (arc thrower + research)

eAbility_EquipWeapon, (probably useless, maybe try on SHIV?)

eAbility_Reload, (probably useless)

eAbility_FlashBang_DEPRECATED, (no icon at all, seems like all the DEPRECATED stuff is unuseable)

eAbility_PsiBoltII, (? icon, no effect ?)

eAbility_PsiBomb, (? icon, no effect ?)

eAbility_WarCry, ( ? icon, no effect found)

eAbility_Berserk, (works ? has yellow icon, targets self, effects unclear - seems to up offense by 10, maybe other effects ?)

eAbility_ReanimateAlly, (purple ? or changing icon, no successful targeting,no observed effect)

eAbility_ReanimateEnemy, (purple ? or changing icon, no successful targeting,no observed effect)

eAbility_PsiBless, (? icon, no effect ?)

eAbility_DoubleTap, (perk)

eAbility_PrecisionShot, (perk)

eAbility_DisablingShot, (perk)

eAbility_FlareShot_DEPRECATED, (has a ? icon, no targeting possible, no effect)

eAbility_SquadSight, (perk)

eAbility_TooCloseForComfort, (cut perk)

eAbility_ShredderRocket, (perk)

eAbility_ShotMayhem, (perk?)

eAbility_RunAndGun, (perk)

eAbility_RifleSuppression_DEPRECATED, (was possibly different from standard suppression ?)

eAbility_BattleScanner, (perk)

eAbility_Mindfray, (perk)

eAbility_TelekineticField, (perk)

eAbility_MindControl, (perk)

eAbility_PsiInspiration, (perk)

eAbility_PsiInspired, (effect)

eAbility_ForceEndTurn_DEPRECATED, (???)

eAbility_HeatWave, (cut perk)

eAbility_MAX (Give Blood Call ? or possibly random ability)

EWeaponProperty that do not appear in DefaultGameCore :

eWP_Overheats,

eWP_Psionic,

EArmorProperty that do not appear in DefaultGameCore :

eAP_LightWeaponLimited,

eAP_BackpackLimited,

eAP_MAX

ECharacterProperty that do not appear in DefaultGameCore :

eCP_NoCover,

eCP_LargeUnit,

eCP_DoubleOverwatch,

eCP_MAX

That's a lot of potential right there.

On top of that, we get lists of EAbilityEffects and EAbilityProperties that seem no less interesting (although there's nothing that can be done about those from the ini). There's also an EVolumeType

list which has the good taste to contain the following :

eVolume_Suppression,

eVolume_Smoke,

eVolume_CombatDrugs,

eVolume_Fire, ---> yay !

eVolume_Proximity, -> not sure about that one ?

eVolume_Spy, --> prolly the battle scanner thing ?

eVolume_FlashBang_DEPRECATED, --> weeeee (edit : does not seem useable /sadface)

eVolume_Poison,

eVolume_Telekinetic,

eVolume_Rift,

eVolume_MAX

Oh boy, so excited. I'm going to have so much fun with this.

I'm going to get my flamer one way or the other dammit :biggrin:

Help me test !

EDIT : for those who want to look at the code directly it's in XcomGame.upk/XGTacticalGameCoreData, the lower half of the file

EDIT2 : some test results added to the list.

First good find : eAbility_Aim - WORKING. skip turn for a 2-turn +20 offense bonus. Complete with description

http://i.imgur.com/9FV9q.jpg

EDIT 3 : it keeps getting better. The FLAMER WORKS !

Aiming mechanic

http://i.imgur.com/zZJv4.jpg

Using it (you can actually see the fuel being thrown)

http://i.imgur.com/p2NVK.jpg

The fire propagates ! (I guess this is what is supposed to "bring the engine to its knees, although I suspect that's not a problem with a decent PC)

http://i.imgur.com/pBRYh.jpg

EDIT 4 : more test results. Will need to keep this somewhere else, possibly a dedicated thread.

Edited by PepprmintButler

open XComGame.exe in your (game)/binaries/win32 folder with resource hacker. open rcdata-1020-1033

scroll near the bottom and you'll find the item price list above the research/foundry, etc. details.

You're looking for ItemBalance=(eItem=eItem_Interceptor.

AFAIK, a lot of changes made in the DefaultGameCore.ini either don't get read, or are written over when the game/save is loaded, although some(like second wave) work.

Thanks, it is strange because the change was not working, and suddenly in the second month or after the 4th interceptor bought it did. Will take a look with resource hacker to see what is going on.

EDIT 4 : more test results. Will need to keep this somewhere else, possibly a dedicated thread.

Please do, I'd like to know exactly what you did here.

Did you get the actual flamer into the game, or is it just a skill for the flamer, albeit with the animations and all?

EDIT 3 : it keeps getting better. The FLAMER WORKS !

Aiming mechanic

Using it (you can actually see the fuel being thrown)

The fire propagates ! (I guess this is what is supposed to "bring the engine to its knees, although I suspect that's not a problem with a decent PC)

Oh. My. God.

That is AWESOME! :D

I assume we can't add a new weapon yet, though... just change an existing one to act as a flamer?

Even if it's not fully doable, knowing the effect and everything works ("bring the engine to its knees?!?!") means we WILL be able to have a flamer sooner or later, officially or unofficially.

It looks amazing in those screenshots, too... I would have been happy with a simple "shoots a jet of flame" but that propagating fire is just incredible looking!

Edited by banjo_oz

See thededicated post for more details. There's still work to be done to have it working well.

Note : the "bring the engine to its knees" bit is a reference to what Jake S said in an interview I can't seem to find anymore, but I believe was on Rock Paper Shotgun ; he said that they had tried to put a flamer in the game put cut it from release because the fire would just propagate all over the map and "bring the engine to its knees". I suspect it could put an xbox or ps3 in trouble, but my PC at least seems to be handling it perfectly fine. (and yes I did set a whole map on fire. Of course I have.)

Edited by PepprmintButler

Note : the "bring the engine to its knees" bit is a reference to what Jake S said in an interview I can't seem to find anymore, but I believe was on Rock Paper Shotgun

Sorry, I remember you telling me about that quote, and I meant that "?!?!" as a snarky "yeah, right!" to Jake claiming the flamer could never work in the game. For something crudely modded back in from unfinished cut content, it seems to run fairly well! :)