Compiled list of DefaultGameCore.ini settings and their funtions

Xionanx

Interesting.

Edited some continent bonuses recently, and it appears, that that section of ini works in quite unexpected for me way.

As example: I lower "CB_EXPERT_BONUS=" from 50 to 35. At the beginning of game in that notes about starting locations was said "will cost 35% less", as I were expecting. But price of workshops and labs won't became bigger, instead it fell down even more. Then I checked "CB_FUTURECOMBAT_BONUS", and it works in same way - when it set to 25, foundry projects cost only 1/4 of normal price.

So, it seems, that if these three continent bonuses (Future Combat, Expert, Air & Space) would need to be changed in any mod, it is important to remember - to lower effect of bonus its setting must be raised. And yes, if those bonuses will be modded, in-game descriptions for them will be wrong.

P.S. Bonus for funding money I didn't check, but I suspect that it works in more usual way.

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Has anyone figured out exactly how the psi gift chance is calculated? I am pretty sure the number you put in the ini file is the number 1 is divided by to find the percent(4 giving 25% chance of psi), not the actual percentage, but I am not entirely sure how will is mixed into the equation.

Edit: I was wrong :sweat: . Thanks to dreadylein for this

Edited by Drake1Storm

• 1 month later...

Some notes for updating the OP, if someone returns to it:

FragmentBalance=0.25

FragmentBalance=0.25

FragmentBalance=0.25

FragmentBalance=0.25

FragmentBalance seems to govern how many weapon fragments you get from each alien killed without explosives. A sectoid plasma pistol when FB=1 returns about eight fragments; at .25 (the default) that number is 2 fragments.

ABDUCTION_LURK_PCT=50

SMALL_UFO_LURK_PCT=0

LARGE_UFO_LURK_PCT=50

This doesn't seem to cover UFO behavior, but instead alien behavior during those three classes of mission. "Lurk" seems to be when aliens remain stationary instead of patrol. Credit to Drakous for this one.

ShowUFOsOnMission=1

Although you will see terror battleships, you usually won't see abductors on missions, because abductions by default are prevented by satellites. Apparently sometimes you might see an abductor vessel over another country and be able to prevent an abduction by shooting it down.

SPECIES_POINT_LIMIT=500

I *think* this controls the game's balancing mechanism when putting together an enemy alien force for a ground mission. If the game rolls up a too powerful force, this will tone it down. Increasing this number should allow for more dangerous forces; setting it to -1 turns off the balancing mechanism entirely.

Update: This may actually prevent missions from being too easy. I'm not sure if that's instead of preventing them from being too hard, or as well. But I'm seeing a lot more sectoids in later months, but I also hit my first three-cyberdisk abduction as well.

Edited by johnnylump

• 2 months later...

I've been experimenting with weapons so I'll share what I've found:

A weapon doesn't need the eWP_Rifle property to be in the main weapon slot. itemSize seems to determine this. A weapon with no property and size Large will take the main weapon slot.

A weapon with no property and size small will occupy an icon slot (same as grenades and medikits) and therefor will be unselectable.

A weapon with the eWP_Pistol property will take the pistol slot. If it's size is small, it's ok, if it's large, it will appear as well as a main weapon, being able to carry the same weapon twice. Once you swap to the secondary one, they both merge into one weapon visually, but it setill works ok. The icon of the weapon turned to pistol will be a bit wrong and appearing always full of ammo when that weapon is selected, but switching to the main weapon will show it properly.

The eWP_Heavy property makes: 1) a weapon available to the Heavy class -- unless it also has the eWP_Rifle property, in this case that one takes precedence. 2) makes the weapon last for 3 rounds (before ammo conservation project is researched) instead of 4. 3) makes the weapon uses the AIM_CLIMB bonus. It can be given to alien weapons to make them have to reload more often.

The eWP_Assault property can be given to any weapon, including alien weapons, and it makes: 1) the weapon available to Assault class, 2) the weapon will use the ASSAULT_AIM_CLIMB bonus and penalty.

The eWP_Support property makes a weapon available to the support class, and it's unrelated to AIM_CLIMB setting, so a weapon belonging to only support will have constant aim.

eWP_Sniper makes the weapon avaiable to snipers and makes it uses the SNIPER_AIM_CLIMB setting.

haven't tested properly but it seems to me that you can stack all those range bonus and penalties to make a non-linear aim climb

and sadly, critical chance doesn't seem to work on explosives, not even at 100

Aliens use stats of the human weapons, I haven't tested the properties but i'm 100% sure that they use the same damage and Aim bonus of the human variety. (sectoids, floters, mutons, thin-men etc)

the Properties ALSO allow you to use abilities the weapons have no animations for and will bug out.

Ahh well I didn't know that, now that you mention it I did the testing with the same settings for humans and aliens, so it makes sense. Well then if there's something useful from what I said above is that giving plasma rifles and light rifles the eWP_Assault property will make aliens have long range aim penalty.

I've done some more testing... abilities and properties are used by the alien weapons. However the damage and offense bonuses for alien varieties of Plasma weapons are taken from the Human/Standard variety of plasma weapons.

e.g. putting eWP_Assault on eItem_PlasmaLightRifle_Floater will take the iDamage and iOffenseBonus from eItem_PlasmaLightRifle and then apply the Asault property for Floaters.

I've done some more testing... abilities and properties are used by the alien weapons. However the damage and offense bonuses for alien varieties of Plasma weapons are taken from the Human/Standard variety of plasma weapons.

e.g. putting eWP_Assault on eItem_PlasmaLightRifle_Floater will take the iDamage and iOffenseBonus from eItem_PlasmaLightRifle and then apply the Asault property for Floaters.

That's interesting, so I understand from what you say that aliens DO use some stat from their respective weapons, but take some other stats from "human" standard weapons, right? I personally like all aliens to have long range aim penalty (and also close range aim bonus), as well as all my rifle soldiers (but not snipers or MG), but if that could be set for specific aliens it could be a good way to give yet another distinctive trait to some of them, and make them less accurate at long range but deadlier at close range. I've found that this makes slow moving units, like sectoids in my set up (11 mov) become less of a threat, but extremely dangerous with fast units like thin men (16 moves), so there's some sort of tactical game where you actually want to "hold the line" by means of reaction fire or suppression that is really cool.