127 replies to this topic

Site Bot

Site Bot

Fear me

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 984,495 posts
Perk Point Book

A book that will give a perk point every time it is read.

daventry

daventry

Resident poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,318 posts

Dont just give it to us, make some Quest or have us find it somehow :tongue:

Or how about after we give back the Original Book to Hermeas Mora when we help that crazy old dude, we give back the Book, but we now get this Book from your Mod that gives us Perk Points :smile:

For an Alternative for those who has Dragonborn, we get this Book right after we Kill Miraak on he's Body. ;)

Edited by daventry, 07 June 2014 - 10:28 AM.

Inigo21

Inigo21

Regular

• Premium Member
  • 61 posts
I figured since it was such a blatant cheat item I might as well just give it to you. :) If there was a console command for perk points, I wouldn't even had made it.

iColour

iColour

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 57 posts
Actually what interested me in clicking on this mod might be a good idea to consider.
before I continue with that; I think this initial version would be pretty handy - even as a cheat item.

But, moving on, I think if you had (perk) books as very rare loot hidden throughout the world that would be cool, but what could make it even more cool are books that actually unlock a specific perk (regardless of level, so long as your tree skill tree has branched out enough)

oh the possible ideas it could go with, but, regardless, this is a good idea as it stands now. Just a handy resource for new games or bettering an existing game (even if it's cheating)

VilniusNastavnik

VilniusNastavnik

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 232 posts
As much as I hate cheat Items this one I don't actually mind. I put it on a similar level as the Dragon souls spending mod. For those who don't know, The mod (forget its name) allows you to buy perks (providing you have the skill level) by spending Dragon Souls. The higher the perk the more souls to spend (1 to 10 max). Because I never liked it how if you spend your time upgrading Alchemy, Smithing and enchanting adding the perks, You limit your skills where they could be stashed elsewhere. I always thought (since skyrim is the first elder scrolls I actually like) passive perks should be added instantly when you gain the required level leaving the traits for action oriented perks. Thus the reason I currently use the dragon soul mod. If you were to however add this to a vast dungeon with mid to high level bosses, with this as the major prize at the end making it a more end game (or rather upwards of level 50.. level 60) based item it could be removed from the cheat class.

Taedus

Taedus

Illegal member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 786 posts
I never understood the point with game-breaking mods. If you are afraid of a challenge just play on easy difficulty but if you have to cheat, I guess this is a way of doing it in a more immersive way. It might also be used as a modders resource.

daventry

daventry

Resident poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,318 posts
Its not about Difficulty, its about the fact that my Skill base is so High where im at Level 70 that Allot of Perk Trees are still Empty and its getting Frustrating with Slow Leveling just to get a Perk Point.

Inigo21

Inigo21

Regular

• Premium Member
  • 61 posts
Taedus: I understand what you are saying, but I've got over 1200 hours on the game at this point and sometimes cheating is fun. :)

darkizzle

darkizzle

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 164 posts
I never understood people who need to "understand" cheating in a single player game. God forbid there are people who play differently, or who've already beaten the game once and want to decimate everything on the second playthrough, or who are too busy with their lives even to wait an hour for the next perk point, and etc etc. And as daventry said this isn't automatically about difficulty. Could be someone just wants the glass smithing perk to create that armor he wants, or maybe to try that Adept destruction spell, or perhaps he built his character in entirely the wrong way and wants to focus his perks somewhere else. Or maybe he just wants to cheat. Why in the world does it matter? I for one am gonna use the heck out of this mod, because smithing is tedious enough without having to waste 10 levels just to make some decent armor. Judge me however you like. It doesnt affect me and its sure as hell doesn't affect anyone else.

hitandrun127

hitandrun127

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 91 posts
@Inigo21 Oh thank god, I thought I was the only person who has spent that much time playing skyrim.

Page loaded in: 1.061 seconds