• This topic is locked This topic is locked
8 replies to this topic

Adoniis

Adoniis

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 246 posts
I changed the line bInvalidateOlderFiles=0 to bInvalidateOlderFiles=1 like I am supposed too.

I put the files into the Data folder (or data/textures for some) but it seems that Fo3 doesn't realize they are there.

I also edited the archiveinvalidation file like I was supposed to

I should mention I'm using the new patch, but I was having the same problems before patch.

The Mods I'm using are as follows: (I don't know all of the names, but the file name should be enough)
More Powerful .32 Pistol by TheBionicRock
BETTER POWER ARMOR for FALLOUT 3 by Dopp
Hunting Rifle 2.0 with specular
Increase_Movement_Speed-83
mega_weigth-92
norepairneeded2-60

(The following are re-textures)
conflict_hockey_mask_pack-95
better_road_quality-147 (I'm also using his other re-texture)
dark_radscorpion-88
decal-50 (Resized vanilla decals with added splatter effect.)
underwear_and_eye_retex-105
whiskey-57
CigRetex Fallout 3 by taylorsd

The DataFiles list the following are checked:
Fallout3.esm
IncreaseMovementSpeed.esp
ModBetterPowerArmor60.esp
ModBetterPowerArmor75.esp
norepairneededv2.esp
power.32Pistol.esp
Weight.esp

That should be all the info anyone needs, so please can anyone help/explain to me what I have done wrong here?

***EDIT*** I have the US Retail version, and I'm running on Vista.

Sirpedi08

Sirpedi08

Stranger

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Same Problem here.
Want to use the BetterLingerieAndTorso and the Realistic_Gunshot_Sounds_1_2-23 Mods.
Changed the bInvalidateOlderFiles=0 to bInvalidateOlderFiles=1 in the Fallout.ini, copied the correct Lines to the ArchiveInvalidation.txt and of course, i copied the correct Files to the correct Folders in the Data Folder.
I dont understand what im doing wrong, nothing changes in the Game.

Work these Mods only with the US Version of the Game? Im using the European Version.
Thanks for Help

rhemastudent

rhemastudent

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts
Same problem here... does anyone have an idea? I changed the invalidation archive file and the fallout ini... Yet nothing changes in game. Anyone have an idea?

wxman

wxman

Journeyman

• Members
  • Pip
  • 29 posts
I have the same problem... also had this problem with Oblivion if I remember correctly.... any texture mod that didn't have a .esp never worked for me. :wallbash:

Adoniis

Adoniis

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 246 posts
***UPDATE***

OK I'm not sure how, but the textures are working now. What I did was uninstall the game and reinstall, then I just reinstalled the textures and now they work *shrug*

However the other Mod files I'm using still don't work (Run faster, better power armor, etc) :wallbash:

tavtav

tavtav

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 84 posts
For textures, I've found that just using the ArchiveInvalidation Invalidated mod is a lifesaver, so much so that I'm putting instructions to install it in all my texture mods. Once I put it in, I haven't had to worry about adding anything to that text file, it saves tons of time. Cut and paste from my readme, this is assuming you've already adjusted invalidateolderfiles to 1:

1) Download ArchiveInvalidation Invalidated (Manual Version) at:
http://www.tesnexus....le.php?id=10724

2) Copy ArchiveInvalidationInvalidated!.bsa to your "data" folder.

3) Go to the folder C:\Documents and My Documents\My Games\Fallout3 and edit FALLOUT.ini if you haven't already, and change
the line that starts with "SArchiveList" (ctrl-f is a good way to do this) with the following:

SArchiveList=ArchiveInvalidationInvalidated!.bsa, Fallout - Textures.bsa, Fallout - Meshes.bsa, Fallout - Voices.bsa, Fallout - Sound.bsa, Fallout - MenuVoices.bsa, Fallout - Misc.bsa

You should now never have to bother with your ArchiveInvalidation file again! :)

waqer

waqer

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 57 posts

For textures, I've found that just using the ArchiveInvalidation Invalidated mod is a lifesaver, so much so that I'm putting instructions to install it in all my texture mods. Once I put it in, I haven't had to worry about adding anything to that text file, it saves tons of time. Cut and paste from my readme, this is assuming you've already adjusted invalidateolderfiles to 1:

1) Download ArchiveInvalidation Invalidated (Manual Version) at:
http://www.tesnexus....le.php?id=10724

2) Copy ArchiveInvalidationInvalidated!.bsa to your "data" folder.

3) Go to the folder C:\Documents and My Documents\My Games\Fallout3 and edit FALLOUT.ini if you haven't already, and change
the line that starts with "SArchiveList" (ctrl-f is a good way to do this) with the following:

SArchiveList=ArchiveInvalidationInvalidated!.bsa, Fallout - Textures.bsa, Fallout - Meshes.bsa, Fallout - Voices.bsa, Fallout - Sound.bsa, Fallout - MenuVoices.bsa, Fallout - Misc.bsa

You should now never have to bother with your ArchiveInvalidation file again! :)

This still doesn't work for me !!
I did everything you said but it won't work with the ArchiveInvalidationInvalidated!.bsa

Please help , it is very annoying having to watch colored squished armor

wxman

wxman

Journeyman

• Members
  • Pip
  • 29 posts
[3) Go to the folder C:\Documents and My Documents\My Games\Fallout3 and edit FALLOUT.ini if you haven't already, and change
the line that starts with "SArchiveList" (ctrl-f is a good way to do this) with the following:[/quote]

ROTFLMAO this post indirectly solved my problem... I had been editing the FALLOUTdefault.ini file in my fallout 3 directory rather than the FALLOUT.ini file in the my games/Fallout 3 directory.

Vault Tec Messiah

Vault Tec Messiah

Stranger

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

ROTFLMAO this post indirectly solved my problem... I had been editing the FALLOUTdefault.ini file in my fallout 3 directory rather than the FALLOUT.ini file in the my games/Fallout 3 directory.

I made the same mistake as well the first time I tried installing mods and I was going crazy trying to figure out the problem.

For those still having problems getting mods to work make sure you are editing the FALLOUT.ini in My Documents/My Games/Fallout 3 folder directory and not the FALLOUTdefault.ini in your actual FO3 directory.
Also use the Archiveinvalidation validator program and run a Full Check, and all your mods should be working 100%.

Page loaded in: 0.969 seconds