[LE] [Workaround] Skyrim Dialogue Bug Fix

Arthmoor

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The SEQ file has to go into your BSA file. Your BSA file then uploads to the workshop with your ESP. All nice and neat like.

The SEQ file has to go into your BSA file. Your BSA file then uploads to the workshop with your ESP. All nice and neat like.

Yes, but in my case I have an issue doing that.

Trouble is, the SEQ file cannot be added via the Creation Kit "Upload Plugin and Archive to Steam" option. When I try adding the file, I get an error message "...not a valid file type".

Of course I could add the file by manually running Archive.exe, but that doesn't work in my case, because apparently the Archive utility uses a different compression method when running externally (from Creation Kit).

For example, creating the archive (bsa) via the CK, my resulting file is around 92 meg. However, when running Archive.exe externally (checking Compress Archive), the file (bsa) ends up around 140 meg - which is too large for Steam!

If I could figure out (or if it's possible) to achieve the same compression running Archive.exe manually as it achieves via CK, my problem would be solved. Either that, or perhaps I'm missing something that's preventing me from adding the SEQ file via CK?

Thanks

[EDIT] Has anyone been able to add the SEQ file via CK Steam Archive? If not, I wonder why this wasn't mentioned earlier in the description of the solution to the problem requiring SEQ?

Edited by Phoenixn

• 4 weeks later...

I don't know if I should laugh sarcastically or cry out loud.

The amount of ....

I'm still at the "trial and error"-phase with the creation kit and this "bug" struck me badly.

Skyrim is at 1.8.151.07 and still Bethesda hasn't fixed this.

I have to say I'm quite dissapointed...

Neither the steam work around or the "fire once with creationkit.exe" works as a sustainable solution for me.

The TES5Edit tool can be used but takes a while to load, and seeing it holds a "lock" on the myroflcopter.esp you have to close that app down in order to continue your "trial and error"

However!

Whilst "trial and erroring" I discovered something which may be of interest.

The reason to why "creationkit.exe -GenerateSEQ" from the command line doesn't work the second time is that Mr Steamy thinks he should override your launch option(i.e flag or whatnot)

So

If steam is running.

:1 Kill it

:2 Run the command

:3 Test your stuff in game.

goto 1

Edited by Plastrader

• 1 month later...

So, I generated the SEQ file, how do you upload it to the steam workshop along with your mod?

Great my local version is fixed, but how do my patrons get it on steam? Someone please tell me how this is done!

Edited by Hannibalektr

• 1 month later...

@Hannibalektr: read post #13, silly.

Apart from making an SEQ file to fix Dialogue, it's also important to remember that the flags on the Actor's Package can also affect what types of dialogue events the actor can respond to. So if you are still having Dialogue issues, check your Package.

Edited by steve40

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Messenjah

Hmmm, nice!

Has anyone had any problems with TES5Edit method of doing this? I tried generating one for the dice game mod and it fixed the issue flawlessly. This is been a HUGE issue that has slowed my mod development up until now.

The thing I worry about, is consistancies with re-generating the SEQ files. Has this been found to be relaible? I make constant updates to my mod, especially in dialogue/scripts.

• 3 weeks later...