Delphine won't let me rent the attic room

darkdill

I've seen others with this bug before, but it hasn't affected me before. Basically, during the quest The Horn of Jurgen Windcaller, when you're supposed to talk to Delphine about renting the "attic room", she doesn't give the dialogue option.

EDIT: WOW, even starting a new game and rushing to Delphine doesn't fix the problem. Must be broken code or some s***.

Anyone think they can provide ideas for how to figure it out?

Edited by darkdill

I'm afraid none of those fixes work. And using setstage in the console has always made things REALLY screwy for me.

<div><br></div><div>Oh, and to note, that's not the quest that's screwing up. It's the Horn of Jurgen Windcaller quest that's messing up: I find the horn missing, take the note, go to Riverwood, and Delphine doesn't give the option for the "attic room".</div>

Edited by darkdill

A prior save may be your only hope. However noting some of the things that makes her not give the dialogue and making sure to be careful may help. Someone else hopefully will come along with more ideas. Good luck.

Tried a prior save. Nope.

I guess the quest is just broken for me. Damn. Not sure how I'm gonna continue the main questline now...

EDIT: A thought occurred to me, but I have no idea how I'd program it. Is there a way to make some object that would trigger that "attic room" dialogue as if it were Delphine? That could get things moving on.

If not, then damn. Because I can't seem to use console commands to start the subsequent stage of the main questline.

Edited by darkdill

It might be obvious, and you may have already tried it, but I have noticed that there are some occasions where if I don't have the relevant quest ticked in my quest journal, I don't get the dialogue I need.

Nope, that's not the issue. I have the note, the quest marker is pointing to her, but she only offers a normal room for rent.

I don't suppose it has anything to do with me being a custom race vampire, does it? That'd just be screwy.

Searching around, it seems that there exists no fix for this. Dammit...

EDIT: I've even tried starting a new game and rushing through to the appropriate quest, and Delphine STILL doesn't offer the attic room. Unbelievable...

Someone is gonna have to look into creating a workaround mod for people who run into this.

Edited by darkdill

It might be obvious, and you may have already tried it, but I have noticed that there are some occasions where if I don't have the relevant quest ticked in my quest journal, I don't get the dialogue I need.

Go into the room on the left, as she instructs you.

Go into the room on the left, as she instructs you.

No, you don't get it. She doesn't have the dialogue where she tells you that. All she has is the regular "rent a room" dialogue.