[WIP] Cerwiden -SMART Healer- Dev Opinion Poll 4

Mujuro

Cerwiden v1.9 Direction  

860 members have voted

1. 1. Should Cerwiden have the ability to use conjuration spells?

• Yes, more meatshields always help
    • No, summoned critters just get in the way
    • I have no preference
  2. 2. As a priestess/healer, should Ceri have better "sneak" capability?

• Yes, the practicalities of sneak outweigh any lore aspects
    • No, there's little lore-based reasoning for a sneak-priestess
    • No, but I wouldn't mind a custom invisibility spell while the player is in sneak
    • I have no preference
  3. 3. How important is having party-combat with role-based archetypes?

• Important, this is probably the single element that makes having multiple followers a PITA, and forces me to play in a way I'd not if followers better understood roles and archetypes.
    • Not important, as I just work my playstyle around the followers I use.
    • Not important, as I don't really play with multiple followers so having them take roles is moot.
    • Not important (for some other reason).

I tend to play as a nightblade so the idea of a pure archetype sits a bit bad with me, in skyrim it can be quite humourous for me at least to see a mage cast a ward when getting hit by a kinetic impact - be it an arrow, bolt or trusty katana. I would like to see something in smartcast to correct this sort of silliness e.g. cast a flesh spell and actually use the dagger or whatever mundane weapon as flesh spells are a bit costly on magicka so a conjured weapon would be out for lower levels.

• 2 months later...
  • Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 weeks later...

I hope Cari is not abandoned.

I love this Mod and she is my go to follower out of all the follower mods I have tried Viljain is a close 2nd.

May your new year find you Mujuro, with lots of modding time.

Also she should have her own horse.

Thank you for your great work.

Edited by deathwest

• 6 months later...

I have yet to try this mod out but from what I've read this is the mod everyone needs and deserves.

I chose that she should have conjuration but of course that's because from what I've read she is not just a healer but a really damn good mage that has a healer preference, this doesn't mean she should be limited to very specific spell types. Also the poll says "conjuration spells" not necromancy spells, this doesn't mean that she will 100% be given dead raising spells.

the way i see it the different types of conjuration are:

Summoning from the realm of the dead

Elemental summoning

conjuring weapons

familiar summoning (yeah there is only one spell but hey! don't be cruel)

now an evil healer would have necromancy but I'd say shes not evil and conjuring weapons is more fit for a warrior type mage, so I'd say summoning elementals and familiars would better suit her if she does get conjuration spells but of course then again being able to summon those things would make her less of a healer and more of a DPS Mage.

or you could have her summon an elemental of light or something rather that would help heal allies but first you'd need to create it first though

-----------------

on an other note I'd like to talk about this one.

"No, there's little lore-based reasoning for a sneak-priestess"

for all you people that chose this one(not hate'n on ya but just think about it a bit more)

right, say your a priest(ess)/healer of a group in an anime fantasy type world and your group is going into dangerous lands, do you think that you could simply walk straight through thinking that sneaking is beneath you or that it shouldn't apply to you. in my opinion you'd either have a great chance of getting yourself killed and/or getting your group killed

it's call the Lore of Survival

Edited by mundordin

• 2 months later...

Yeah, personally, I'd make the friendship a little more in-depth than saying thank you 10 times and giving 5 clam chowders. I love the Vilya addon, but too many of my characters are married to her, and I was looking for a different healer companion. I also love the Elric Saga, so Ceri was a beautiful addition to my arsenal... (though I prefer women to girls, so I used the UNP base, vs the UNP skinny). Would also like to see the romance subplot start very soon!

• 6 months later...