⚠ Known Issue: Media on User Profiles ×

Destruction skill won't increase with training

Rooker75

My Destruction skill is now refusing to increase when I pay for training. I've tried now with Faralda and Sybille Stentor and all they do is take my money without increasing the skill. The skill does seem to be going up in combat. Other skills increase fine when I pay for training.

I've tried disabling Faralda and reenabling, disabling and then creating a new one (placeatme command). None of that worked. I've tried all the available older saves and it still happens. I'm going to just increase the skill with the console for now, but I'd like to know what the hell is going on and how to fix it. Thanks for any help.

OMG. Even the console isn't working right now. The incpcs command refuses to raise destruction, but it'll raise other skills. WTF?

I'm 31 levels into this character and REALLY don't feel like starting over completely because of an idiotic bug.

Edit/

Finally able to do it with advskill destruction, which seems to add XP to the skill as if from combat. This thing is determined to screw up my game. What is going on?

Edited by Rooker75