SKSE loader opening TESV launcher?

Smile443

Ok this is a new one on me. I can't launch the game with SKSE anymore, there was an update through steam that I allowed to happen but now when I click on skse launcher either in the Skyrim folder or via a shortcut or via NMM it automatically goes into the standard launcher. The game works but skse is not. I have a heavily modded game and this is not helpful. I guess it must be something to do with the update from steam but not sure what to do now. I have tried with steam in off-line mode. Has anyone else encountered this and more importantly does anyone know how to fix it?

Optimistically thanking in advance for any help.

I was running 1.7 and had the latest SKSE running fine. I tried updating it but the next version requires 1.8 patch from bethesda - so I got that as well - still same problem.

Yes if steam isn't running in the background then the game launcher starts up but I am having this problem despite steam running in the back ground. It is as if the skse launcher is being redirected to launch the main game launcher however I try to use it. Like I said a baffler. I am going to try renaming TESV launcher in my skyrim folder to see if that helps or even removing it altogether. I will post my results.

I was running 1.7 and had the latest SKSE running fine. I tried updating it but the next version requires 1.8 patch from bethesda - so I got that as well - still same problem.

Yes if steam isn't running in the background then the game launcher starts up but I am having this problem despite steam running in the back ground. It is as if the skse launcher is being redirected to launch the main game launcher however I try to use it. Like I said a baffler. I am going to try renaming TESV launcher in my skyrim folder to see if that helps or even removing it altogether. I will post my results.

Edit: Renamed skyrim.launcher in the skyrim folder and this has solved the problem - Yay.

Edit: Renamed skyrim.launcher in the skyrim folder and this has solved the problem - Yay.

I've had the same problem after updating. I tried renaming skyrimlauncher.exe like you said however I then get a "This game is currently unavailable" message from Steam.

Hi all,

I seemed to have solved this by setting the skse loades to "run as administrator" (my old version was, but since updating SKSE i had forgotten to change this setting). Not entirely sure why this is a problem as I had UAC turned off anyway, but it does seem to have got things working again so I hope it works for somebody else too.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...