• 35 posts
Vilja's personality is adorable.

wheeloftime001

wheeloftime001

Stranger

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
First I want to thank you for this amazing mod. My gaming experience does benefit immensely from a more ... well, female touch.XDXD
At first, I found her accent a bit strange, but I'm happy I endured. Now I've become totally addicted to her accent, and I've made hours of video of her talking, reading books, and of course dancing on the table.
Everything between run smoothly until I encountered a problem yesterday -- I can not ask her to talk about herself anymore! Usually, I have to wait only 24 hours in game to make her talk about herself again, but ever since she told me about her stay in riften, she's kept saying "not now, maybe later" no matter how many hours I wait. And so far she hasn't offered to tell to me either. As the "tell me about yourself" part is such a source of vital joy, and the focus of my video-making, I do hope it can work again.
PS: I'm running v1.1, and this didn't happen right after the upgrade.

MiloHunts

MiloHunts

Christian and Proud of it

• Premium Member
  • 2,775 posts
@wheeloftime001

First I want to thank you for this amazing mod. My gaming experience does benefit immensely from a more ... well, female touch.XDXD
At first, I found her accent a bit strange, but I'm happy I endured. Now I've become totally addicted to her accent, and I've made hours of video of her talking, reading books, and of course dancing on the table.
Everything between run smoothly until I encountered a problem yesterday -- I can not ask her to talk about herself anymore! Usually, I have to wait only 24 hours in game to make her talk about herself again, but ever since she told me about her stay in riften, she's kept saying "not now, maybe later" no matter how many hours I wait. And so far she hasn't offered to tell to me either. As the "tell me about yourself" part is such a source of vital joy, and the focus of my video-making, I do hope it can work again.
PS: I'm running v1.1, and this didn't happen right after the upgrade.

Videos, lol more? anyway, have you tried the "reset" spell that came with the mod yet? not sure if it will work with that problem but it is worth a try. Edit; also make sure you have an updated load order.
Amgepo and or Lycanthorps will proabaly look into this and see if it is a scripting issue

@Templar2000

Emma, MiloHunts only tell me what should i do to finish quest of Vilja. i bought 2 DVD of Skyrim

What I told you was what should have happened, and I asked you to not use youtube videos as a walkthrough for Vilja, as you have had nothing but problems since you started the quest. also it might that your game was not up to date with the latest patches which could have caused all the problems you had.
Now that you have a purchased game you can get the updates and start the quest over, and see if you do any better with it.
Make sure that you talk to Vilja a lot, listen to what she says.
If you talk to Vilja and listen to what she says and asks you, you will get the quest updates.

It is very very important that you have the Skyrim update from steam, that will make the Vilja mod work the way it should

Edited by MiloHunts, 13 November 2012 - 02:24 PM.

MiloHunts

MiloHunts

• Premium Member
  • 2,775 posts
@croc123

New version (1.1) Vilja seems to have an aversion to wearing boots with her non-combat outfits. I suppose that she's supposed to wear the 3452f boots, right? So I did an equipitem on those boots, and she still did not equip them. Possibly just my install, but it is pretty much the same install that I used with ver. 1.0, she always wore her boots then.

It could be that you need to change your load order. With Version 1.1 there are a lot of new and updated scripts, so you need to make sure that you have an updated load order. Doing this might fix your issue.
BOSS is an excellent mod that will do this for you.

@kafeicl

When I found her, she was just standing there, fighting a crab. And when I spoke to her, nothing happend, everything was normal, like if she was never kidnapped in the first place

some glitch, did you try the reset spell on Vilja? what should have happened is she thanks you for rescueing her and some other stuff leading to a choice for you

Mystais

Mystais

Regular

• Supporter
  • PipPip
  • 67 posts
Hmm, I was thinking about this ongoing outfit issue and was wondering if either of these alternatives would help:

1) Give Vilja more containers (like Bag 1, Bag 2 , etc) but Label them Adventuring, Town, Home, Sleep and then you place items in those and she wears them and you can tell her (dialogue) to put on Adventuring or Town, etc with Sleep being automatic. Only issue is you could not share any item between outfits.

or

2) Add dialogue options for each outfit type (Adventuring, Town, Home, Sleep) and you dress her as you see wish then you click on a dialogue that would say something like, "This is you Adventuring outfit" or "This is your Sleep outfit" and it is remembered and later you can just tell her to put on her Adventuring outfit or town outfit, etc.. Problem is this might require SKSE.

d0mini

d0mini

Enthusiast

• Premium Member
  • 125 posts
Hi, I have a question about your mod.

I think that this is an absolutely terrific mod and I would love to use this in my game, But...

I installed this when it was 1.0, and everything worked fine, albeit with Vilja sometimes appearing to unequip her gear from time to time, but I started seeing some issues, load screens taking longer, skyrim not being as responsive, and so just to check I used Convenient Horses' Latency Test, and found that instead of the normal 50-110 units of latency that I normally get I was getting over 1000... Is this because Vilja is so script intensive, or is it because of a mod conflict? I tried uninstalling all other script-heavy mods to no effect... Only uninstalling Vilja returned my latency back to normal. My CPU is fairly good: i7 3610qm @2.3-3.3ghz, and I think that I''m right in saying that scripts are very dependent on it? Sorry about this; I just really want to have Vilja in my game without corrupting my saves :)

Jarwy

Jarwy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts
Pretty damn good mod, though it would be awesome if she could be toned down a bit, as in, not talking every 2 minutes, especially when sneaking in hostile dungeons (I know you can ask her not to talk, but that's not really what I'm after). Also, remove attempts at whistling from her chat-rotations. They are ear-piercing.

MiloHunts

MiloHunts

• Premium Member
  • 2,775 posts
@d0mini

Hi, I have a question about your mod.

I think that this is an absolutely terrific mod and I would love to use this in my game, But...

I installed this when it was 1.0, and everything worked fine, albeit with Vilja sometimes appearing to unequip her gear from time to time, but I started seeing some issues, load screens taking longer, skyrim not being as responsive, and so just to check I used Convenient Horses' Latency Test, and found that instead of the normal 50-110 units of latency that I normally get I was getting over 1000... Is this because Vilja is so script intensive, or is it because of a mod conflict? I tried uninstalling all other script-heavy mods to no effect... Only uninstalling Vilja returned my latency back to normal. My CPU is fairly good: i7 3610qm @2.3-3.3ghz, and I think that I''m right in saying that scripts are very dependent on it? Sorry about this; I just really want to have Vilja in my game without corrupting my saves :)

From what i know about Covenent Horse mod there are some conflicts with Vilja version 1.0 and changing the load order fixed some of them.
With version 1.1 this is the first report I have seen with any issues, so it might not be totally fixed, but I would try changing yout load order and see if it helps any

Edit, this is from the change log for version 1.1 on the description page (I am bad, I just now read it, sorry everyone and especialy sorry to Emma)
change log:
Cured the conflicts with follower overhauls, includding UFO, Convenient horses, AFF and AFT. In the case of Convenient horses, those that already have problems for using the tapping for things like access inventory with Whiterun's player horse, may need to mount that horse once more before the problem is corrected (and of course, save the game after doing so).

Edited by MiloHunts, 13 November 2012 - 03:07 PM.

tollgallen

tollgallen

Journeyman

• Members
  • Pip
  • 26 posts
Thanks, Emma and the Vilja team for a great mod.

MiloHunts

MiloHunts

• Premium Member
  • 2,775 posts
@Jarwy

Pretty damn good mod, though it would be awesome if she could be toned down a bit, as in, not talking every 2 minutes, especially when sneaking in hostile dungeons (I know you can ask her not to talk, but that's not really what I'm after). Also, remove attempts at whistling from her chat-rotations. They are ear-piercing.

WHAT!!!!! remove her whistling! That is a Vilja trademark passed down from generation to generation from Oblivion :P
All of the thousands of Vilja fans would have a heart attack if that were taken away, but maybe after all this time, the Vilja family should learn how to whistle, not sure if Emma learnt yet though :P

Edit: Emma might have plans for future dialog update, to have sneaking banter :P
shhhhh your feet are clopping
quiet, your armor needs oiling
lets have some fun and do some rolling like this (silent roll)
Did you just sneeze? we are supposed to be sneaking
stay behind me, that one really smelled
when did you eat last, your stomach is realy loud

Edited by MiloHunts, 13 November 2012 - 02:54 PM.

Page loaded in: 1.240 seconds