⚠ Known Issue: Media on User Profiles ×

Papyrus logs spammed with errors/warnings for one script thousands of

Ozryel

Hi

My game is crashing, seemingly at random. Looking through the papyrus logs I've found that it seems to be due to a College of Winterhold quest that is trying to call a script over and over again, even though I finished that quest like 30 hours of play time ago.

[11/04/2012 - 03:26:29PM] error: Cannot call Is3DLoaded() on a None object, aborting function call

stack:

[ (000BBDB8)].MG07VisionTriggerScript.OnTriggerEnter() - "MG07VisionTriggerScript.psc" Line 69

[11/04/2012 - 03:26:29PM] warning: Assigning None to a non-object variable named "::temp7"

stack:

[ (000BBDB8)].MG07VisionTriggerScript.OnTriggerEnter() - "MG07VisionTriggerScript.psc" Line 69

[11/04/2012 - 03:26:29PM] error: Cannot call Is3DLoaded() on a None object, aborting function call

stack:

[ (000BBDB1)].MG07VisionTriggerScript.OnTriggerEnter() - "MG07VisionTriggerScript.psc" Line 69

[11/04/2012 - 03:26:29PM] warning: Assigning None to a non-object variable named "::temp7"

stack:

[ (000BBDB1)].MG07VisionTriggerScript.OnTriggerEnter() - "MG07VisionTriggerScript.psc" Line 69

My papyrus log is basically that, thousands of times.

I've done some research and found a few people with the same problem on Google -- no solutions. From what I've gathered, MG07 is the seventh quest in the College questline, The Staff of Magnus. VisionTriggerScript is a script that is supposed to initiate the visions of the ghost mages that you see inside Labrynthian while on the quest to get the staff. However, I completed this quest a looooong time ago. I've probably been crashing for all that time, I don't really remember. The thing is, sometimes the crashes are a few hours apart, so I thought I'd just put up with it for a while, it didn't seem urgent. Now I obviously wish I'd done something about it then, since I don't really have the option of going back to a previous save at this point.

I found a couple of threads on these forums where a guy had posted fixes for what seems like the same bug with different scripts (http://forums.nexusmods.com/index.php?/topic/737061-dunbluepalacearenascript-errors-fixed/ and http://forums.nexusmods.com/index.php?/topic/732051-fxdustdroprandomscript-errors-fixed/), does anyone know of a tutorial or something that could lead me down the path of fixing my issue in the same way? Anything that will work is fine, no matter how rough -- I'll disable the entire college questline if it will help. I've started Skyrim over again too many times and I have really been enjoying this character, so I don't care at all about not being able to do that quest on other characters later if I have to break it to fix this or whatever.

Unfortunately that script has gotten itself stuck in an endless while loop:

While MG07ElvaliGhostAlias.GetReference().Is3DLoaded() == False
Utility.Wait(0.1)
endwhile

For some reason, the quest alias is broken/empty, so the Is3DLoaded() function throws out an error and the loop cannot exit. The loop repeats every 0.1s.

I'm not sure how the alias can break, as they are not optional aliases. Maybe your savegame is corrupted.

Try using the console and type "startquest mg07".

Then type "getquestrunning mg07". Hopefully it returns "1".

Maybe that will restore the aliases and stop the spamming.

If it returns 0, then try this:

"resetquest mg07"

"startquest mg07"

"set stage mg07 0"

"getquestrunning mg07". Hopefully it returns "1" this time.

If that doesn't fix the spam, then you'll either have to start a new game or put up with the crashes.

Edited by steve40

Getquestrunning returns 0 even after resetting the quest as you detailed. I guess that means my save is corrupted and there's no fix? Oh well. I guess I'll tolerate the crashes, hopefully they don't get worse.

Thanks a lot for your help.

• 3 weeks later...

I am assuming this is rare and doesn't happen to everyone.. But I am getting this massive spam also in my papyrus logs, and am crashing now and that is the last line listed every time I crash. I finished the Mage Guild quests quite a few hours/levels ago, and it seems to have just creeped up. I chose Dawnguard to side with also, and got the Rune Hammer but have no runeaxe script running like some people do; however on my character that I joined vampires with, has the runeaxe running in her papyrus log :( but it doesn make me crash or lock up, like this MG07VisionTriggerScript.psc does in my Dawnguard-character.

I see no fixes for this online and looks like I'll have to park her until there is one :(

Dear God this is annoying. I wish I had paid more attention to my logs before I got this far into the game. There's still no fix, and I haven't really been crashing, but it has to be upping my load times or something. My save before the Mages Guild is only 50 hours back... Maybe it's already time for a new character? I had pretty much done every quest available anyways. I really hate doing those stupid radiant Thieve's Guild quests though. Edited by TheOscillat0r

• 1 year later...

Hey guys so I had the same problem and when trying to find a solution i came through here, so I finally figured out how to fix it and thought I should share it. Basically you should first download the save game script cleaner here, search for mgo7 in it and delete all instances of it from the save game and that's it start skyrim and you shouldn't crash anymore unless there is something else causing it to crash anyways this is what worked for me and I hope it helped you guys.

• 3 months later...

I know this a post from 3 years ago, but I'd like to add on to what Diablu has stated since this is one of the top links when you search for this problem.

If deleting the mg07 vision scripts isn't working you can change the value of one of the scripts that are set to 0 to 1 using the Hadoram's Save Game Script Cleaner; I suggest you make a hard copy of your save before you use the program. I didn't realize the Magnus Quest could bug out so horribly to the point where it creates random CTDs. You'll be basically be doing what steve40 suggested only though a 3rd program.