New NMM version and site fixes

Dark0ne

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have found that the new version of NMM has fixed that pesky login every time thing, yay!

Site issues are, I am sure, more to do with my cranky Firefox installation as Nexus sites + Chrome are fine.

So... when can we expect another update?

The current version has many problems. First, it crashes on first run everytime... it only opens on the second try, then it crashes on the third again and works on the fourth...

But the worse problem is that only some of the updated mods show up their correct new version data, most of them don't even show the new version number or anything, they act like i have the latest, while the mod page has a newer one.

This version 0.33.1 - when launched, just does its first time scan of my computer to find relevant games, discovers 2 of them and then does nothing.. the "Ok" button is greyed out so can't continue on...

Consequently, I uninstalled it.

Btw, I'm using 32bit Windows 7 with SP1 and fresh install.

Edited by Tekxpert

This version 0.33.1 - when launched, just does its first time scan of my computer to find relevant games, discovers 2 of them and then does nothing.. the "Ok" button is greyed out so can't continue on... Consequently, I uninstalled it. Btw, I'm using 32bit Windows 7 with SP1 and fresh install.

I fell down on this one, too. What is not clear in the installer is that you have to click each green tick (games found) graphic to proceed. I think it was the wording that got me.

NMM doesn't work. I have deinstalled this, and installed new. now he doesn't work and says anything with vista. i have windows 7 :( i can't understand what he wants from me, because it's all in english :(

He says:

1. Disable UAC (what's this?)

2. Move Nexus Mod Managers install folder outside of the programm folders (????)

3. Run Nexus Mod Manager as adminstrator

ah it works as adminstrator. but i have no mod list in this

Edited by Sylinga

Anyone else having a problem where NMM won't open at all? I click on my shortcut and just get the windows error message "Nexus Mod Manager has stopped working." I just started happening within the last few hours...

I'm thinking of posting on the bug forum, but the problem isn't generating a trace log or anything...

@Sylinga: It might be an ownership problem. Check your rights. What he means by program folders is your directory where programs default install to. If you run 64 bit it would look something like "C:\Program Files (x86)\". To disable UAC just click the start button and search for UAC. I always disable the UAC after a fresh format because of the way it interferes in games, that and I don't feel like having windows ask me over and over again if I'm absolutely sure I want to run this or that.