Simple, Immersive, First Person Camera

DiabolusUrsus

I would really appreciate it if someone with the necessary knowhow could make a mod that adds a very subtle up-down shake to the first person camera as the player moves around. I'm not talking anything as drastic as the "Real First Person View" mod that is already in progress... I don't really care about being able to look down and see my body in first person, nor do I care about camera height correction. However, I can't get past the feeling of gliding along when running around the game world. Walking is fine, and sprinting already has a bit of what I'm talking about. It's that camera movement that actually feels like you're MOVING. Realistic running speed mods help with the 'gliding' feeling to a great degree, but they don't quite get rid of it.

What I'm looking for:

A very subtle vertical camera shake when moving via the standard run: Less pronounced than sprinting, but perhaps just a bit less pronounced.

Depending on how close the implemented camera shake is to the sprinting effect, perhaps a bit of a STRONGER sprinting camera shake to make the difference a bit more noticeable.

Ideally, these effects will not detract from gameplay. That was one of my main issues with the existing first person camera mod... it makes it impossible to participate in combat and the like effectively while in first person. I would do this myself if I had any idea of how to go about it, but there aren't (to my knowledge) any comprehensive and understandable resources for how to change this particular aspect of the game. So if none of you are able or willing to go about making this mod a reality, any pointers regarding how I might do so would be greatly appreciated.

• 3 months later...