Vampire Embrace

Embrace NPC\'s converting them into vampires who can follow and fight for you

abot

abot

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 81 posts
re-downloaded to endorse a well known masterpiece.
more info for new Morrowind users:
http://planeteldersc...s.detail&id=771

Ranncore

Ranncore

Stranger

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
1.) Anytime I make a character into a vampire, all of my characters now have the vampire animations regardless of whether they have been changed or not (funky hands while standing still).

2.) My game crashes after about 10-15 seconds of combat on all vampiric characters.

Ranncore

Ranncore

Stranger

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
Even after uninstalling, deleting all my saves and files associated with the mod I could find, and resorting my mod load order, all characters I make now have the (awkward) vampire animations.

I can't recommend this mod despite how cool it seems.

CortexDragon

CortexDragon

Stranger

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

1.) Anytime I make a character into a vampire, all of my characters now have the vampire animations regardless of whether they have been changed or not (funky hands while standing still).

2.) My game crashes after about 10-15 seconds of combat on all vampiric characters.

The Vampire embrace mod doesn't add any animations to the player.
So if you are seeing odd animations on the player, they must have come from a different mod

When blood drinking, a crash will occur if you didn't install the emb_neckbleed meshes in the "Emb" folder underneath meshes :
data files\meshes\Emb

It is a script heavy mod so your crash in combat may also simply be morrowind giving up if you have many other script heavy mods.

Edited by CortexDragon, 27 December 2012 - 08:08 PM.

Freke

Freke

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts
Well, I can't seem to get it started. I have MGE installed, along with MCA 5.2 on top of it and those two work flawlessly.
But the moment I try to install Vampire Embrace over it, I get a CTD when I press New.
It seems the script that allows you to move vampires to towns doesn't exist/work/load properly for ald redaynia.

Here's the exact crash: Expression Error Unable to find cell id ald redaynia in script emb_bringnpctotown

Any idea if I could get some help? I would really love to enjoy this mod and it clearly says it's compatible with MCA. So what gives?

CortexDragon

CortexDragon

Stranger

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Well, I can't seem to get it started. I have MGE installed, along with MCA 5.2 on top of it and those two work flawlessly.
But the moment I try to install Vampire Embrace over it, I get a CTD when I press New.
It seems the script that allows you to move vampires to towns doesn't exist/work/load properly for ald redaynia.

Here's the exact crash: Expression Error Unable to find cell id ald redaynia in script emb_bringnpctotown

Any idea if I could get some help? I would really love to enjoy this mod and it clearly says it's compatible with MCA. So what gives?

Ald Redaynia is an external cell in morrowind so should exist in your game.
If you look in the construction set you should be able to find it.

There are several possible reasons for why you are getting the error:

1) Do you have a foreign language version of morrowind as I know they use different ids for some things
If your morrowind had a different id for that cell it would explain the problem.

2) What happens when you try to start a new game with ONLY the vampire embrace mod.
Do you still get the crash ?
If not then maybe one of your other mods renamed that cell

Edited by CortexDragon, 09 January 2013 - 02:31 PM.

little_terd

little_terd

Journeyman

• Members
  • Pip
  • 34 posts
@Freke: Do you OTR_Coast_Variety.esp enabled? I had the same problem, and I went through my mod list and found this one to be the troublemaker.

xabu1

xabu1

Stranger

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
I got the Expression Error Unable to find cell id ald redaynia in script emb_bringnpctotown message, only after I downloaded the Morrowind Overhaul mods. Do you know if it is the morrowind overhaul itself or one of the attached mods? If it is some of the attached mods, could someone help me know which ones not to choose?

Cgabbard

Cgabbard

Stranger

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

@xabu1 all you have to doe to play with embrace on and use overhaul is to disable otr_coast_variety.esp just like little_terd says above and it will work fine. 

Page loaded in: 1.050 seconds