Username change

Woltane

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi, I just wanted if there was any way I could change my username it would be greatly appreciated.

From a long time nexus member :) !!

We do not do name changes except in extraordinary circumstances.

It requires an enormous amount of behind-the-scenes work by the admins.

You may, however, request that your current account be banned and then create a new one. If you go this route, remember to assign a different (unimportant) email address to your current account before requesting the ban, since you won't be able to register a new account using the address assigned to the old one. :thumbsup:

• 3 months later...

Any changes to that after software update?

Only that now the Nexus automatically releases the email address on an account that is "Closed by request". So members who make such a request can use their original address for a new account immediately after the old one is banned.

(Oh, and the notice goes in a separate "Closed Accounts" sub-forum instead of being lumped with all the ones "Banned for Cause". ;D )

• 5 months later...

Hi

Any changes after the update ? I have almost finished my first mod and want to publish it but would like to have a different username for that. How can I do that without loosing my lifetime membership ?

No changes that I know of. You'll have to ask Dark0ne using the "Contact Us" link at the bottom of the page.

• 8 months later...

Wish they'd just update a version where you could simply change Nexus names a certain amount of times. This is like PSN all over again. It sucks!
I hate this crappy name I picked, just like I hate the one I got for PSN. :down: :wallbash: :sad:

Edited by Thandal
Removed gratuitous vulgarity.