Username change

Woltane

Changing names is not as simple as people think. There are a LOT of things on the site associated with your user name. This is hard wired into the forum software and not something we can change. Each and every little thing must be manually changed by an administrator. Meaning lots of work for us because you picked a name that you now don't like any more. Instead we offer the alternative - close your account and lose everything associated with it - and open a new clean account with the new name - BUT, you must first have permission by requesting your account be closed and letting us know that is your intent - just making a new account without first closing the other one will get you banned for multiple accounts.

Why are we so hard line on multiple accounts - Because we have learned over the years and the hard way that even if they were not originally intended to be, multiple accounts are throw away accounts used for the purpose of breaking the rules. Because of this, we have made it against the rules to have more than one account - and ban all of the associated accounts when someone breaks this rule.

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Would it be possible to have a display name in addition to a username? The unique username would still be how the site identifies us for all functional purposes, but the display name would go next to our mods and on our profile. I don't know if this would be more or less work for you guys.

At any rate, I get that changing a unique username is NOT a simple process, and I appreciate you guys even taking the time to respond to the concerns.

Would it be possible to have a display name in addition to a username? The unique username would still be how the site identifies us for all functional purposes, but the display name would go next to our mods and on our profile. I don't know if this would be more or less work for you guys.

At any rate, I get that changing a unique username is NOT a simple process, and I appreciate you guys even taking the time to respond to the concerns.

No. I.P. Boards (the software that is the backbone of the Nexus) does not have this feature.

I would have no problem with making a new account, I have nothing attributed with this one, the only problem is even if this one is killed, I still can't use anything similar to it, where as krilllanr is a typo, Krillanr is too similar to replace it with, any way around that?

I have used Krillanr for over a decade now, I have become pretty attached to the name.

Edited by krilllanr

I would have no problem with making a new account, I have nothing attributed with this one, the only problem is even if this one is killed, I still can't use anything similar to it, where as krilllanr is a typo, Krillanr is too similar to replace it with, any way around that?

I have used Krillanr for over a decade now, I have become pretty attached to the name.

So what, exactly, are you asking us to do? You seem to be saying that you want to keep the username you already have. Which is easy... :huh:

Typo - 3 lll s instead of 2 ll in name. Krilllanr vs Krillanr :blush:

Totally missed that! http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f351/charonn0/ohgeez-1.gif

But why is Krillanr "too similar"?

I apparently had 2 accounts, At some point it was needed for some reason that I can't remember but in short the issue is solved and I apologize greatly for wasting your time, it was all my error.

Edited by krilllanr