Summon Followers

Deadlyblack91

Dunno if i'm right here or if anyone can help me but it's worth a try.

I'm a more or less complete modder newb so i don'T know much about this whole thing, but while browsing this site if ound a lot of cool follerwers. so decided that i want to make my own creations into follower. but i'm searching for one thing espaccily. Both of this follower: Cerwiden

and Atvir Dress
(look videos or here on nexus), can be summoned to your position whereever you are. Anyone can tell me how to add this spell to my followers? It would be a great help. Thx to all of you. Edited by Deadlyblack91

You have to make a new scripted spell that makes use of the MoveTo function to transport the follower to the player's vicinity. Here's a modified version of mine (I cut out a few lines of script that don't pertain to your situation):

Scriptname JFADCallAtvirScript extends activemagiceffect

ObjectReference Property player Auto
ObjectReference Property JFADAtvir Auto

Event OnEffectStart(Actor akTarget, Actor akCaster)

JFADAtvir.MoveTo (player, 200, 0, 0)

EndEvent

You can name the script and the properties whatever you want. Also, the player property is redundant (I was new to Papyrus when I wrote this script) - you can simply use (Game.Getplayer()), rather than creating a player property.

Edited by JanusForbeare

You have to make a new scripted spell that makes use of the MoveTo function to transport the follower to the player's vicinity. Here's a modified version of mine (I cut out a few lines of script that don't pertain to your situation):

Scriptname JFADCallAtvirScript extends activemagiceffect

ObjectReference Property JFADAtvir Auto

JFADAtvir.MoveTo (player, 200, 0, 0)

EndEvent

You can name the script and the properties whatever you want. Also, the player property is redundant (I was new to Papyrus when I wrote this script) - you can simply use (Game.Getplayer()), rather than creating a player property.

Well that'S a first step, next on to

1.) finding out how to create a scripted spell (Done/Added Sript to Spell/Deleteted all other spell properties)

2.) rewriting the script so that i can use it for my characters (Done/Changed Id to hers)

3.) and then finding out how to add the spell to my character (Done/added spell to magic book))

Update: So found most of it out but somethings still wrong. first time i tried, i created naked clones of her second time nothings happens. there seems to be a problem i still can't grasp

Edited by Deadlyblack91

Are you sure that you used an actor property for your follower and not an actorbase? And that you used MoveTo, not PlaceAtMe?

I'm not sure ill just write down what i did so you can check it out:

1.) Created Actor z00_Alice

2.) placed Alice in Whiterun

3.) duplicated counjourfamilair magick effect; renamed it SummonAlice

4.) deleted all effects for summoning creature and added script

Scriptname z00_AliceScript extends activemagiceffect

ObjectReference Property z00_Alice Auto

z00_Alice.MoveTo (player, 200, 0, 0)

EndEvent

5.) Duplicated conjourfamilair spell, renamed it, deleted all effects for summoning familair and bound SummonAlice Magick Effect to it

6.) Duplicated random magick book, renamed it and added SummonAlice Spell to it.

7.) placed it next to Alice

That's all i could get from various Tutorials that i watched and read on the internet. Once again i want to remain you that i'm a newb and just started using the creation kit. hope i didn't do things to wrong hope this will help us both to understand, thx

In the magic effect (not the spell, but the effect slotted into it - the one that contains your script) did you set the Effect Archetype (third option from the top) to "Script"?

No i didn't. tried to change it but no effect

Update: Tried to play a little bit today. She doesn'T react to wait command either. so there'S defenitly something wrong ..

Edited by Deadlyblack91