• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

IsharaMeradin

IsharaMeradin

The Pale Redguard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,574 posts
Correction is up. Only those who started a new game with this mod active were affected by the issue. Turns out that game time does not start counting till after full player controls are available. As a result the initial game time update registration was never being triggered. If the mod is currently working, no need to update. If you wish to update & your timing is at the mod default values -- a full normal NMM upgrade or complete manual overwrite should cause no issues. If you wish to update & you customized your timing or you just want to be safe -- you need to follow the existing uninstallation instructions as outlined on the description page and then follow the installation instructions for the new version. If you had started a new game and the mod hasn't been working for you -- you need to follow the existing uninstallation instructions as outlined on the description page and then follow the installation instructions for the new version. EDIT: Forgot to comment out my debug strings in v1.1. Not gonna hurt anything you'll just see Game Saved or Game Not Saved at the points where the script determines whether or not the save can happen. It's not always accurate tho since Bethesda has some built in protections to prevent the save command from happening in certain scenarios

Edited by IsharaMeradin, 21 November 2012 - 05:20 PM.

Axeface

Axeface

Old hand

• Supporter
  • PipPipPip
  • 815 posts
Thanks for the update! I use alternate start, should I expect problems with this if I start a new game? Also one more thing I need to clarify. When I extract the scripts to make my changes in the CK, am I ok to delete the loose scripts after I save the esp? Or does the CK change make changes to the loose scripts? :D Thanks again!

Edited by Axeface, 22 November 2012 - 01:29 AM.

IsharaMeradin

IsharaMeradin

The Pale Redguard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,574 posts
The CK makes changes to the loose scripts. If you delete them you'll only revert back to the default settings in the BSA file.

As far as alternate start... because of the quest check for normal game setup, it may not work until you start the main quest line. I have no clue how alternate start works. So you may need to tinker with that a bit to get it to function.

I can see about making a version that will work immediately and test via using COC to somewhere from the main menu. such a version should work with any alternate start that doesn't pass thru Helgen as normal.

IsharaMeradin

IsharaMeradin

The Pale Redguard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,574 posts

Users of Alternate Start type of mods
Pertains to v1.1
If autosaves are not being created, enter the following in the console
set abim_fullsavetoggle to 1
Setting this variable will trick the main workhorse script into believing that the Unbound quest (MQ101) is at stage 240 or has been completed (stage 1000). However the initiation script will still be looking for those quest stages and as a result you will get the initilization string displayed when one of those stages is finally true.

I decided to go this route instead of trying to re-adapt the scripts to a non-normal start scenario.

IsharaMeradin

IsharaMeradin

The Pale Redguard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,574 posts
version 1.2 is up

It's identical to 1.1 so treat it as 1.1 with regards to instructions etc if updating from 1.0

All I did was replace the Game Saved & Game Not Saved debug messaes I'd forgotten to remove in 1.1 with in game current date & time. I felt that this would be nice for those who play vampire to have an idea of when the night was ending as well as to let everyone know that the mod is indeed working.

XiaolinDraconis1

XiaolinDraconis1

Regular

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 88 posts
thanks a lot, very useful mod. was hoping you could make it do named saves.

IsharaMeradin

IsharaMeradin

The Pale Redguard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,574 posts
hmm... If I can figure out how to name the saves, then I might make it optional. We will see. I've got one other mod in the works & an update for another mod both in testing phase so it may take some time before I look into this.

chimpoforevah

chimpoforevah

Fan

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 376 posts
Awesome mod, allows me to spend less time micromanaging saves and more time playing. This is the best of the auto save mods I've seen out there especially since this creates real manual saves, thank you again and endorsed.

IsharaMeradin

IsharaMeradin

The Pale Redguard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,574 posts
Updated to 1.3

Added the ability to change the rate of autosaves from within game. Simply open the console and type set abimtimebetweensaves to X.XX where X.XX is a float value such that 1.0 equals 1 game hour. Note that the new value won't take effect till after the current update cycle has completed.

dtrower

dtrower

Journeyman

• Supporter
  • Pip
  • 42 posts
Great mod, thank's a bunch :)

Page loaded in: 0.986 seconds