Enhanced Lights and FX

• Please log in to reply
7573 replies to this topic

DOHtesnexus2008

DOHtesnexus2008

Old hand

• Premium Member
  • 531 posts
Could someone please explain what it is we're supposed to do - at the moment - to load Realistic Lighting Overhaul and Enhanced Lights and FX? I've been trying to get a clear picture of what I'm using here.

So, I've got this when I install both mods and the patch, minus the illuminated spells from Realistic Lighting Overhaul because I don't use them.

91 EnhancedLightsandFX.esp
96 Realistic Lighting Overhaul - Major City Interiors.esp
97 Realistic Lighting Overhaul - Dungeons.esp
98 Realistic Lighting Overhaul - Major City Exteriors.esp
99 Realistic Lighting Overhaul - Minor Cities and Town Interiors.esp
9A Realistic Lighting Overhaul - Dawnguard Interiors.esp
9B RLO - Minor Cities & Town Interiors for ELnFX.esp
9C RLO - Major City Interiors for ELnFX.esp
9D RLO - Dungeons for ELnFX.esp
9E ClimatesOfTamriel-VanillaNights-Lvl-1.esp
9F ClimatesOfTamriel-Dawnguard-Patch.esp

What do I use? What do I remove? The instructions are puzzling.

For instance there is this comment - "For the compatibilitiy patches, please use only 1 esp, don't use all them at same time and don't use it with the default version!" What does this mean? I assume this mean the compatibility patches posted here, with the name Realistic Lighting Overhaul for Enhanced Lights and FX-27043-4-0-6. If that is the case, which of the patches should we use? They all cover totally different places in the game. There are patches there for spell, dungeons, Major cities and minor cities. We're supposed to pick only one? And what are we then using from RLO? Sorry, I don't mean to be a pain.

I would like to use RLO and ELandFX, with Climates of Tamriel, and I honestly can't figure out how to do so at the moment.

Xezcente

Xezcente

Old hand

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 694 posts
In response to post #7594905.

Seeing that both Enhanced Lights and FX and RLO tries to achieve the same thing, they are not really compatible. Save for imagespaces, so you have to remove these files: 96 Realistic Lighting Overhaul - Major City Interiors.esp 97 Realistic Lighting Overhaul - Dungeons.esp 98 Realistic Lighting Overhaul - Major City Exteriors.esp 99 Realistic Lighting Overhaul - Minor Cities and Town Interiors.esp 9A Realistic Lighting Overhaul - Dawnguard Interiors.esp Your new load order should look like this: EnhancedLightsandFX.esp RLO - Minor Cities & Town Interiors for ELnFX.esp RLO - Major City Interiors for ELnFX.esp RLO - Dungeons for ELnFX.esp ClimatesOfTamriel-VanillaNights-Lvl-1.esp ClimatesOfTamriel-Dawnguard-Patch.esp

Edited by Xezcente, 16 March 2013 - 09:45 PM.

uglykidcid

uglykidcid

Darth Cid

• Premium Member
  • 1,158 posts
In response to post #7594905. #7595333 is also a reply to the same post.

RLO versus ELFX: My 2 cents that I posted after playing with both mods: As of RLO 4.07 they are no longer supporting ELFX and vice versa. Previously the two had compatibility patches with each other. I have been loading both and making screen shots. RLO overides ELFX too much now to be worth trying to run them together anymore so pick one. ELFX is easier to see and therefore use. It is a good mod and not as dark. My game loads quicker with ELFX. RLO is also a good mod but it is harder to see and use because it is darker. RLO uses image space modifiers and ELFX does not. RLO is a complete overhaul so it becomes less compatible with some other mods. So many modders use RLO though that they make it compatible. RLO is more realistic because fires and other lighting sources all make shadows. This can be annoying but it is more immersive. With RLO, especially with an ENB, you must have a lighting source or you are blind. RLO's spell illumination is really nice and totally compatible with ELFX

Edited by uglykidcid, 16 March 2013 - 11:34 PM.

DarkstarAlpha

DarkstarAlpha

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 99 posts
In response to post #7572481. #7572924 is also a reply to the same post.

So I must manually replace the EnhancedLightsandFX.esp with the ELFX - NoBreezehome.esp file, right? On another note, what should I do now that RLO has released their new version, without ELFX support? Can I no longer use them together anymore? Especially since the RLO patch is no longer up to date...

Edited by DarkstarAlpha, 17 March 2013 - 01:39 AM.

marksim123

marksim123

Stranger

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Thanks for this tremendous mod! Just Brilliant.

Definitely on my must-have list.

BeakieHelmet

BeakieHelmet

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 138 posts
There's a fireplace in Fort Hraggstad that doesn't give off any light, I believe it's in the prison right in front of the door. You can stand in front of it and your character will be in complete darkness.

anamorfus

anamorfus

Faithful poster

• Supporter
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,063 posts
In response to post #7590093.

I will work on exteriors yet, I may make changes like the onde in claralux as an optional.

anamorfus

anamorfus

Faithful poster

• Supporter
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,063 posts
In response to post #7603641.

I didn't work in that place yet, but because of your report I will include it for the next update.

aleksanderne

aleksanderne

Enthusiast

• Supporter
  • PipPip
  • 128 posts
Is the realistic Lighting Overhaul in your download section updated to 4.0.7 So if i got it right, to use the RLO with Light and FX i download the RLO and light and FX from your page? I find that weird as its The RLO page that should get endorsments and downloads of the RLO.

Edited by aleksanderne, 18 March 2013 - 10:35 AM.

aleksanderne

aleksanderne

Enthusiast

• Supporter
  • PipPip
  • 128 posts
Such a shame that this mod no longer is compatible with RLO newest version :(((

I love your mod.

I will test the new RLO version and see how it looks like, if it dosn't add lights from wholes in ceelings, caves etc Ill go back to yours.

Page loaded in: 1.224 seconds