Enhanced Lights and FX

• Please log in to reply
5690 replies to this topic

DOHtesnexus2008

DOHtesnexus2008

Old hand

• Premium Member
  • 509 posts
Congratulations on the new release! Thank you for all your work.

ZXTole

ZXTole

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 115 posts
Just tried the new version and it looks definetely better - blinding light is mostly gone. There are placed though, where excessive illumination is still present, Pawned Prawn is one of them..
Shame i cannot endorse twice.

I2edShift

I2edShift

Dragon Hunter

• Premium Member
  • 2,021 posts
In response to post #7662887. #7662944 is also a reply to the same post.

That's great to hear, thanks for the answer. :)

Aefion

Aefion

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 118 posts
I have the Realistic Lighting without Post Processing mod, is your mod compatible with this? I assume its not, cos its not in ur list...

anamorfus

anamorfus

Faithful poster

• Supporter
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,592 posts
In response to post #7671159.

Realistic Lighting without Post Processing is a very old version of Realistic Lighting, that why it's not listed, but it is compatible, just the ELFX Enhancer isn't, but you can use it with the main file.

Narikei21

Narikei21

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 188 posts
I have yet to upgrade to Skyrim 1.9 (using Skyrim 1.8 at the moment, because 1.9 will probably ruin my save game due to fixes), but if I use the latest version with 1.8, will there be any graphical glitches?

Btw, I'm using your ELFX (version before the latest) and RLO (4.0.7 - the version that's incompatible with your mod) at the same time. I know it's incompatible, but for some reason, even though they're deemed incompatible, they seem to blend well with my game. I don't see any overlighting areas, shadow flickers, no FPS drops, etc. Do you have any ideas for this? I'm just happy here that I can use both of your mods without much problem, well, at least for now.

yeti1069

yeti1069

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 90 posts

Is the latest update to ELnFX incompatible with the last version of RLO for ELnFX (the compatible portions that RLO released to work with ELnFX that they have now discontinued)?

My thought is that I'll continue running that on my current game, and then switch to RCRN or Climates of Tamriel and ELnFX for my next character, but I suppose I could make the switch now--meshes can be installed/uninstalled without affecting saved games, can't they? And I don't believe RLO was running scripts...

Wolven911

Wolven911

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 194 posts
Can you make a patch for this custom player home please: http://skyrim.nexusm...com/mods/24967. I love the concept, but the lighting is way too simple.

ramakgaming

ramakgaming

Gemini Syndrome

• Premium Member
  • 2,834 posts
In response to post #7666499. #7667348 is also a reply to the same post.

Correct. I have no issue, and I use it with it. In fact, everything is as if I never overwrote anything, but I did. So you won't have issues, if you install the meshes. If you don't, you will.

ramakgaming

ramakgaming

Gemini Syndrome

• Premium Member
  • 2,834 posts
In response to post #7594692.

Whether anyone tells you or not, I know from experience - Realistic Lighting Overhaul and Enhanced Lights and FX do similar things, very similar actually except Realistic Lighting Overhaul does things more realistically than Enhanced Lights and FX does. I'll never understand why anyone would use both together. It's just not needed. They alter the same spaces, it makes no sense to me. So this might help you decide: 1) Enhanced Lights and FX lighting is done kind of fantasy, less realistic. It also will work with any lighting mod out there, that doesn't conflict with it's imagespaces or meshes in anyway, aside from RCRN which does have it's own imagespaces but doesn't conflict - it actually works with it. The other lighting mods have patches that work with it, or have an option to disable interior changes so they won't conflict. 2) Realistic Lighting Overhaul will only work with other lighting mods if they have patches, and currently RCRN does not and more than likely never will work with Realistic Lighting Overhaul - so if you use RCRN you will need to use Enhanced Lights and FX, or not at all. It's limited because of the sheer complexity in both Realistic Lighting Overhaul and RCRN. They both do thing so complicated that without specific patches, they just won't work together. Except for Climates of Tamriel - it will work with Realistic Lighting Overhaul because it has an option to disable interior changes, which RCRN does not provide yet. Though it will at one point, just don't know when they plan to release it. I stay up to date with RCRN because it's my favorite, but all the lighting mods have pros and cons that are worth looking at when deciding what you want to use. Realistic Lighting Overhaul also provides shadow stripping fixes, almost all of them are fixed with it. That's the major plus in my opinion with that one. But if you don't have a beast system, it might be a little sluggish from it. My old system was when I was using it. This one can handle it, but I just decided not to use it for other reasons. It's a great mod, and worth using if it's something you can handle and like to use. Hopefully all of that is helpful. It might be a mouthful to read, but that's how I do things. I am thorough as best I can be. Some might be more thorough. I just thought I'd try and help you out in deciding what to use, if you haven't already decided. Always way the pros and cons of a choice, before you make it - ask questions, learn more about it and ultimately make your decision carefully - because that's the smart thing to do, always with anything. Good luck in your choice. I personally will use RCRN when they finish the new AE version which is in beta right now over at the website www.rcrncommunity.com. However, I am not currently using the latest release version because it's not really compatible with Dawnguard or Dragonborn. So currently I'm using Climates of Tamriel with Enhanced Lights and FX. I will be using RCRN with Enhanced Lights and FX. That combination is great for me because I weighed out the pros and cons to make my decision that best suites my needs/wants of lighting mods. There is no need to use Enhanced Lights and FX with Realistic Lighting Overhaul since they do similar things in terms of only being separated by Realistic or Fantasy, so it's really a toss up. But ultimately, it's your decision. There is a way to use them both together, I just don't advise it because it makes no sense. But again, it's your choice not mine.

Edited by ramakgaming, 26 March 2013 - 09:50 AM.

4 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Bing (3)
Page loaded in: 0.928 seconds