CK error: Shaders\BSLightingShaderProperty.cpp

Hvergelmer

EDIT: Problem has been fixed, the culprit was the ENB .dll file all along. My personal fix was a manual rename of the file before launching the CK and then renaming it back again when done. There's also a batch file written by rpgjaguar called ENB Disable for Creation kit to do this automatically for those that prefer such a method, more information about that can be found following the link.

Hello everybody.

I am Hvergelmir - some of you may know me as the author of texture replacer mods such as Hvergelmir's Armor Retexture, Hvergelmir's Shield Retexture and recently Hvergelmir's Steel Armory (and soon to come Hvergelmir's Weapon Retexture).

But, besides that I also do other kinds of modding occasionally, such as Hvergelmir's Redesigned Housecarls. Unfortunately I am currently stuck, unable (or rather limited) to use my CK for anything. I get this extremely annoying pop-up warning every time I attempt to view face or body of NPC's in the CK. I've already used my impressive Google skills to scour through the internet for a solution and while I was able to find similar problems and supposed fixes, I found nothing that could solve mine.

The pop-up error says:

Assert

File:

C:\_Skyrim\Code\TESV\BSShader\Shaders\BSLightingShaderProperty.cpp

Line: 806

So now I ask you, the community if any of you know anything about this issue and how to fix it - I'm not so much looking for suggestions, but actual known fixes. I've tried pretty much everything I can think of to fix this...

http://static.skyrim.nexusmods.com/images/30027-1353324696.jpg

EDIT: Problem has been fixed, the culprit was the ENB .dll file all along. My personal fix was a manual rename of the file before launching the CK and then renaming it back again when done. There's also a batch file written by rpgjaguar called ENB Disable for Creation kit to do this automatically for those that prefer such a method, more information about that can be found following the link.

Unfortunately it is NOT true in my case. (Trust me, I've run the CK a billion times already attempting to either ignore or retry to get faces to show in vain, then restarting the CK to try it all again).

When the obvious problem solving attempts failed I attempted to reinstall, verify cache AND defragment the cache.

Just hit "Ignore". The CK likes to bleep about that all the time. You'll be able to see faces and bodies just fine.

have you tried disabling your enb

the d3d9.dll mainly

Yes, I follow the suggestions posted by you (and others) over at http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/Images/163262 and the ENB .dll was the problem. I now manually rename the .dll file before I launch the CK. More indepth information can be found following that link.

Thanks for the help people - problem has been solved.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

It hasn't been fixed. I get this exact error error only since today 2013-05-13, anytime I try to load an interior cell (by clicking twice on a cell in the Cell View Window in the CK), and I don't have ENB.

The pop-up error says:

Assert
File:
C:\_Skyrim\Code\TESV\BSShader\Shaders\BSLightingShaderProperty.cpp
Line: 806

Edited by HawkFest