19 replies to this topic

Site Bot

Site Bot

Fear me

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 985,398 posts
Vaalsark CBBEv3 and CBBE BBP Textures

This mod replaces the Vaalsark female body textures with ones that are compatible with CBBEv3 and CBBEv3 BBP.

jeckle1

jeckle1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts
So far so good. Very enjoyable race to play ; )

BoureyS85

BoureyS85

Stranger

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
So is this a custom race? or a replacer for khajiit? Pardon my ignorance in this...

kichigaikikyokagome

kichigaikikyokagome

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 156 posts
This is a custom race, entirely stand-alone. You can download the race itself from the required mods link to "Vaalsark Race" in my mods description. THIS mod that I made is just a CBBE retexture of the race. You have to have the original race first.

BoureyS85

BoureyS85

Stranger

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
Thank you so much for answering. :)

ozzmonster

ozzmonster

Journeyman

• Members
  • Pip
  • 20 posts
Hey, love the texture blends :)
Also, you mention in an update (mainpage) that you fixed the hair situation and might add a patch for apachi hairs. Was wondering if you had uploaded those yet or if you ran into something.
All in all, thanks for the cbbe texture blends.

ozzmonster

ozzmonster

Journeyman

• Members
  • Pip
  • 20 posts
Wow, just read it again and found my answer. (durr) Sorry, I've been building all over nexus today looking at various mods for my new skyrim install.
I haven't played around much with the "creation kit". But from my experiences with the construction kit for oblivion, the times I got weird duplicate races was from when I had two race esp's running at the same time. One being the original (I used it as a master file via WyreBash manip) and the other my modified one. I made the mistake of saving my changes to the custom race as a separate race altogether, during the process. So I had both the original custom race with my modification, AND a separate, duplicate race I was using as a testbed. Honestly its been awhile for me. But You might have a duplicate race, or your esp is not overriding the original esp. Unless your new esp replaces the Vaalsark esp, then I have no idea. If its the latter: the headless Vaalsark could be the original Vaalsark esp race without you necessary modifications, so it doesn't work/show up properly.
I dunno. I'd have to look at it to have any real idea. Anyways, hope you get it sorted out soon and excuse my gibberish :)

emieri00

emieri00

Resident poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,868 posts
Hey, this is a nice upgrade, but don't, seriously, don't add nighteye. They are canids, they shouldn't have nighteye. Instead, installing "Nature of the beast II" [which now doesn't need script dragon] gives you a bunch of options for beast races - and one of them is perfect for this one... Smell tracking. Seriously, why not track something by their scent, like wolves and dogs do? Anyway, it's a nice retex, and good to see hairs, earings and beards being implemented to the race. I totally want to find out how to edit the khajiit head like Wolf of the Azar did, so I can make my own custom beast race, but oh well... BTW!! You could try to add Grimoas plantigrade feet for beast races! There is a paw-like feet for khajiits in there, which could also work well on the vaalsark. :)

Edited by emieri00, 07 December 2012 - 02:11 PM.

kichigaikikyokagome

kichigaikikyokagome

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 156 posts
@emieri00 Wow! I didn't know about the plantigrade feet mod. That is pretty wicked. I"ll see what I can do to integrate it. But as for night eye, I think canines have plenty good night eye-sight :). Think about wolves, who often hunt by moonlight. Almost all the big cats have round-pupils just like dogs, but still hunt at night just fine. Round-pupiled deer also have the best eye-sight in twighlight/night settings. Daylight can actually hinder their vision! But a "scent" perk like detect life would be cool too. I don't know what the original vaalsark race author is going to implement in later versions, so I probably shouldn't change/add too much. @Ozzmonster: Thats a really great suggestion! I can't remember if I had two esps active or not; I'll have to check on that. Thanks! Also, if you want to try it yourself, it should be relatively easy (since I've been too busy lately studying for the GRE... which is now in TWO DAYS!!!! o_O eek) This is probably not the best place for me to announce updates, but the coyote retex of the head is pretty much ready for release. I'm trying to find a suitable color match for the body just by playing with tones in photoshop, but its proving difficult. I may have to do a fur retex of the body as well... We'll see after I take the test on Tuesday, 12/11.

Edited by kichigaikikyokagome, 10 December 2012 - 12:50 PM.

jeckle1

jeckle1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts
Have my children

Page loaded in: 1.156 seconds