1381 replies to this topic

sp0tty

sp0tty

Regular

• Supporter
  • PipPip
  • 59 posts
edit

Edited by sp0tty, 25 January 2012 - 12:25 AM.

EvilOssie

EvilOssie

Faithful poster

• Premium Member
  • 1,007 posts
Hopefully someone reading this will be able to help...since it looks as if Elminster's AWOL

FO3Edit v2.5.3 won't save any changes made to the Fallout; Wanderer's Edition .esp or .esm...any ideas as to why?

Edited by EvilOssie, 02 February 2012 - 12:23 AM.

VincentIcarus

VincentIcarus

Old hand

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 754 posts
Is there a Skyrim-compatible version of this?

MistakenMystic

MistakenMystic

Enthusiast

• Supporter
  • PipPip
  • 119 posts
@EvilOssie Why would you want to make changes to those files? If you want something changed just right-click the item - 'Copy as override into ....' - Say yes after the 2 seconds - scroll to the bottom of the file selector - tick New file and there you are. A new patch you can edit to your heart's content.

psycros

psycros

Enthusiast

• Supporter
  • PipPip
  • 177 posts
Can somebody please explain how to use FO3edit? After installing some mods with NMM and using BOSS to sort them I figured I'd try to make the "merged patch" that Apocalypse Armory says I need. (The only file BOSS doesn't sort is AA_FWE_xCalibr.esp.) When I run FO3Edit, I get an error: "An error occurred while loading the modules. Editing is disabled. Check the message log and correct the error." Here are the last three lines of the log:

Background Loader: [xCALIBR.esm] Loading file
[00:05] Background Loader: Fatal: <EOSError: System Error. Code: 2.
The system cannot find the file specified>
[00:24] Background Loader: finished

I've had very few problems getting FONV to work and I never made any "merged patches" for it. I've read the manual for FO3Edit and its incomprehensible to me. I played FO3 a couple years ago but I've forgotten nearly everything about modding it. Can someone explain how to get everything working in very simple terms? I'd be eternally grateful.

BTW, when I install FO3 in Vista 64, it doesn't create a program group for it, or even stick an icon in the Games folder as I've other games do. I've launched the game several times through NMM (with FOSE enabled) just to make sure it runs.

kuhaica

kuhaica

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 59 posts
lol sentiance joke

chaosislife

chaosislife

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 58 posts
Is it just not possible to change a vanilla items stats? I've been trying to edit the stats for stealthboys, I first tried copying as a new record, which worked fine except for the fact that it's a new item instead of the original item. After that I tried copying as override into the new esp,which it did, but now I'm completely unable to edit the values of the stealthboy in that esp just like I wasn't able to edit the values in fallout3.esm. The record shows as green, and when I right click on the field I want to change, for instance the weight field, I get 'hide no conflict rows' and 'column widths' as options but no edit option. I also couldn't do it with the geck, I managed to change the values for the stealthboy but when I saved it and then reopened it in F03Edit, nothing was changed.

EDIT: Wait, I think I figured it out, I was just looking at the wrong record for stealthboy. I was trying to change the values in the fallout3.esm record in the sidepanel instead of the one right next to it.......

Edited by chaosislife, 30 March 2012 - 06:02 AM.

StupidityRampant

StupidityRampant

Stranger

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
When trying to create a merged patch the way it tells me to on the FWE FAQ the merged patch doesn't show up in my fomm mod list.. when I had the NV and the FO3 version I could use FO3edit in my tools, but due to circumstances with the package manager I had to use the FO3 only version and now the FO3edit tool is no longer there, even though I have it exactly where it was. Can someone please help me with this issue? I need to create a merged patch for my FWE.

diverpete39

diverpete39

Stranger

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
hey im having huge problems with this, its installed in the correct place, C:GamesBethesda, ive disabled UAC and im using 64x Windows 7, whenever i open it up it runs through everything with no issues until the end when instead of saying background loader finished and then the path it tells me
[00:11] Background Loader: [C:GamesBethesdaData] Setting Resource Path.
[00:11] Background Loader: terminated

any ideas please? ive tried reinstalling fallout in multiple places, and this was without any mods installed so was basic fallout 3
thanks in advance

BlackRampage

BlackRampage

Boethiah's Faithful

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,650 posts

hey im having huge problems with this, its installed in the correct place, C:GamesBethesda

No it's not. You should install Fo3Edit in your Fallout 3 folder. (the folder where your Fallout3.exe is located)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Page loaded in: 1.017 seconds