'automail' style armor for just one arm

ArtMurder

This is something I have seen in past elder scrolls games that I can't manage to find for skyrim. I imagine it's not to hard, you could use some existing vanilla models or mod added models; This one comes to mind: http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/4819

I would like to see a mod that essentially lets your character have a 'missing' arm, replaced by an automail like armor. I'll admit, mostly because one of my characters in a comic I am working on has a mechincal arm.

I know it's not really the most lorefriendly think, but that's never stopped anyone before.

EDIT: Here's an example of exactly what I am talking about. Please not, this image was a commission of an artist by ME, so you are not allowed to use it/redistribute it without permission. (It's not just some random image I found on the internet, I actually own the rights too it, yada yada yada) DelilahSakuyamon

Edited by ArtMurder

Eh, you could blame it on the Dwemer.

Functionally, by "arm replacement" do you mean it's just a texture replacement for one of the player's arms but otherwise does nothing; or does it actually have stats like built-in armor, but the arm itself is actually still usable for something else (e.g. player can still wield things with it), or is it a full on armor/shield thing i.e. you just use it to block hits and can't wield things with that hand?

Edit:

Btw I juuust figured out that your sig has Deadmau5's symbol thingy... did i get it right?

Edited by Trucidation

Eh, you could blame it on the Dwemer.

Functionally, by "arm replacement" do you mean it's just a texture replacement for one of the player's arms but otherwise does nothing; or does it actually have stats like built-in armor, but the arm itself is actually still usable for something else (e.g. player can still wield things with it), or is it a full on armor/shield thing i.e. you just use it to block hits and can't wield things with that hand?

Edit:

Btw I juuust figured out that your sig has Deadmau5's symbol thingy... did i get it right?

It would work kind of like armor, maybe giving a high boost to hand to hand, but would still allow for the equip of a shield/weapon. It would equip under armor though, so it would compatible with most armors. Maybe it could equip in the gauntlets area? I'd prefer to it to have it's own equip slot if possible though. I have another character that has two arms like these (combined with a device that wraps around their chest partially) that uses fire, so I think it'd be neat to have a version that can equip on both arms that greatly increases fire spells, while stoppping the user from using all other kinds of spells (I dunno about that though, seems a bit more complex then a simple armor mod) Honestly, I'd be happy with just about anything though. In Morrowind, I just equipped a left pauldren and left gauntlet to do the job. (since the character in question mostly wears just clothing)

Also, yes it's the helmet from this mod. :tongue:

http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/4448

Edited by ArtMurder

Hmm, an armor piece... trouble is, not sure what slot it'd go in, isn't Skyrim picky about this kind of thing? How about gauntlet, so you can still wear a torso piece, I think it's a fair trade (don't see how you'd cram the metal hand bit into fur gloves, for example). Getting it to display properly might be something else, the torso piece arm may clip it.

Other than that i think it should be good to go. Plus, as a standard gauntlet piece i imagine the game would automatically let you enchant it just as you would any other gauntlet.

Edit:

Not a Deadmau5 fan but I think it's hilarious on the mod description where it says "Looks awkward" under "Known Problems" :D

Edited by Trucidation

Hmm, an armor piece... trouble is, not sure what slot it'd go in, isn't Skyrim picky about this kind of thing? How about gauntlet, so you can still wear a torso piece, I think it's a fair trade (don't see how you'd cram the metal hand bit into fur gloves, for example). Getting it to display properly might be something else, the torso piece arm may clip it.

Other than that i think it should be good to go. Plus, as a standard gauntlet piece i imagine the game would automatically let you enchant it just as you would any other gauntlet.

Edit:

Not a Deadmau5 fan but I think it's hilarious on the mod description where it says "Looks awkward" under "Known Problems" :D

Pretty much what I was thinking. I don't really know anything about modding skyrim itself, I modded oblivion and morrowind, but not skyrim. If Ic ould mod myself I just slice an arm off an armor set I like and recolor it to a kind of rusty iron/metal

I downloaded that mod pretty much just for that picture, and forgot about it for a bit, it replaces the iron helmet so I was wondering around and here comes a bandit trying to kill me with a deadmau5 helmet on it. It was pretty funny.