• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

rumcajs

rumcajs

Stranger

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
Hi, I bought Legend of Grimrock from Steam and the game works fine. However, I'd like to try some mods as well and that's where the problems are.

I have downloaded and installed the Nexus Mod Manager as well as a bunch of mods, but when I try to activate a mod it says "no custom launch command has been set" whenever I chose the "Custom Legends of Grimrock" option. I can choose the non-custom option and start the game via the manager without problems, but of course that means there are no mods activated.

Could anyone help me with this? I got some mods working via Steam Workshop, but some of the mods I'd like to play aren't there.

Also, how do I start a mod manually?

Alathe

Alathe

Regular

• Premium Member
  • 59 posts
i know nothing about Legend of Grimrock, but I use NMM for Skyrim. I'm not sure what the custom options thing is for either, but if you have a mod/mods installed and activated within NMM, just click on the button to start the game in the top left corner of the Manager. It should launch the game with your activated mods running. Tip: Make sure the mods are activated, you should see the esp's checked under the first tab.

DuskDweller

DuskDweller

Faithful poster

• Staff
  • 1,384 posts
Make sure to install the mods after downloading them. And Launch the game with the normal button, not the custom (this is used only to issue special commands to the game launcher).

rumcajs

rumcajs

Stranger

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

i know nothing about Legend of Grimrock, but I use NMM for Skyrim. I'm not sure what the custom options thing is for either, but if you have a mod/mods installed and activated within NMM, just click on the button to start the game in the top left corner of the Manager. It should launch the game with your activated mods running. Tip: Make sure the mods are activated, you should see the esp's checked under the first tab.

I suppose by activating them you mean ticking them in the manager, right?
In that case it does not work; if I launch Grimrock and start a new game, I get to play the regular game without any of the mods activated.
I can get some mods through Steam Workshop, but I'd rather use Nexus.

Alathe

Alathe

Regular

• Premium Member
  • 59 posts
Yes, that's what I meant. Do any of your mods require a script extender? Is there one for Grimrock? Like I said, I know nothing about the game. If a script extender is not required and the mods are activated with no joy, then I'm sorry, I think I've hit the end of my ability to attempt to assist you. Hope you get better answers and/or can figure it out.

Page loaded in: 1.213 seconds