• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

AwfulArchdemon

AwfulArchdemon

Enthusiast

• Supporter
  • PipPip
  • 128 posts
I see that most (if not all) mods require DAO Mod Manager. I just bought the Dragon Age bundle (DAO, DAA, DA2, all DLC's) from the Game Stop app, so I'm starting from scratch. It said to download DAOMM to my computer (which I assume means desktop), and unzip, but it's not zipped! It shows up as a folder with DAOMM in it, but it (as well as all other mod downloads) shows up as a white sheet of paper instead of a yellow folder with an exclamation point in the middle like all of my other mods. I use Nexus Mod Manager every day (Skyrim), so I know all about mods, but these aren't zipped up, so I have nothing to extract. Without a mod manager, I don't know how to install AND activate mods. I tried downloading manually, but had no luck, so now I have an "overrides" folder full of inactive mods. Only 2 mods had actual zipped/compressed files; Desire demon nude patch and DAModder. It said in install instructions that I needed a net framework 3.0, but it went on to say that Windows 7 already has it installed. I tried downloading it anyway, but it said the program is not applicable to my computer. Here is my computer:
Alienware X51
Windows 7
I7
8g RAM
1 terra
GEFORCE 660 graphics card (NVIDIA)
Why are none of my downloads zipped? It says 7z at the end of each file name. I have 7-Zip, but it doesn't matter if none of my files are compressed. I spent 2 days trying to figure this out, and I posted my problem on DA2 mods troubleshooting, but got no reply. I feel like I wasted time and money on this bundle since I already have everything Dragon Age on X-Box 360. Please tell me how to get a useable DAO MM, and whatever MM DA2 needs (might be DAOMM for that as well. Don't know yet). I don't know how to activate mods any other way for this game. I'm a mod finatic, so I'm going crazy! Manual downloads don't work for me. Some mods I want are for character creation, so I can't even START my game untill I (or you) solve this unexpected, and maddening problem.
Please save me! Thanks. :)

AwfulArchdemon

AwfulArchdemon

Enthusiast

• Supporter
  • PipPip
  • 128 posts
Just a followup. I've noticed that no mod I've found yet on the Nexus comes in an unzippable file. Every downloaded mod has a white sheet of paper for its icon, not a yellow folder, so "extract all" is not an available option. Only 2 mods came zipped: Desire demon nude patch, and DAModder. Therefore. I used DAModder to activate the DD nude patch. I now have 1 active mod, but 1 won't do. Why on Earth don't any of these mods come zipped up right? There are a lot of downloads and endorsements out there, so SOMEONE is definately able to use DAO mod manager and all of these awsome (I assume) mods just fine! I can only play so much Skyrim, so please somebody, HELP! :wallbash: I am on day 3 of trying to figure this out!

Thandal

Thandal

Faithful Kobold Companion

• Staff
  • 15,085 posts
You've spent three days (and made at least three different threads in three different forums) on this subject because you are not reading the instructions and information already being provided to you by the mod authors and the Nexus sites.

Spoiler

And of course: Using Dragon Age Mods for Dummies. :whistling:

(Oh, and btw... There is no "Mod Manager" at all for DA2. You'll just have to figure out how to handle those mods yourself.)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Page loaded in: 0.864 seconds