• 116 posts
you were "reduced" to play Morrowind?

MulTiPlayeR

MulTiPlayeR

Stranger

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
It doesn`t work for some reason - when I load game I get messages about missing textures.
My morr is from Steam, GOTY edition.

hermes1224

hermes1224

Stranger

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
you should make a version that DOESNT require the expansions

fantomas79

fantomas79

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 70 posts
I hate when I have to do this kind of "Copy-Paste-Endorsement", but I have downloaded so many amazing mods that I haven't gotten around to throw all of you your well deserved endorsement. I'm doing this endorsement run to show my support and appreciation to the modders community! Thank you for sharing all your hard work and time spent on amazing projects like this one! It makes my game much more fun! I hope you will keep modding because you really are a gifted modder! Thank you and kudo for you!

Shadeybladey

Shadeybladey

Faithful poster

• Premium Member
  • 1,790 posts
In response to post #13609070. #22134384 is also a reply to the same post.

**FIX POSTED BELOW**
I am getting that as well, with the GOTY disks, AND when starting a new game.

But the textures and meshes are there as far as I can see.

I am running MGSO3, and they recommend installing in C:\Morrowind rather than C:\Program Files (x86)\Bethesda Softworks\Morrowind.

Mods are made to use the default directory structure, but that should not affect anything, unless they are corrupted somehow.

Warnings.txt shows this:

TES3Stream Warning: Model "Meshes\09mine\09_rock_iron_04.nif" tex not found "c:\program files\bethesda softworks\morrowind\data files\textures\09_grass_dirt_01.dds"!
Texture Load Error!: c:\program files\bethesda softworks\morrowind\data files\textures\09_grass_dirt_01.dds
TES3Stream Warning: Model "Meshes\09mine\09_rock_Corrundom_01.nif" tex not found "c:\program files\bethesda softworks\morrowind\data files\textures\09_grass_dirt_01.dds"!
TES3Stream Warning: Model "Meshes\09mine\09_rock_gold_01.nif" tex not found "c:\program files\bethesda softworks\morrowind\data files\textures\09_grass_dirt_01.dds"!
TES3Stream Warning: Model "Meshes\09mine\09_rock_silver_01.nif" tex not found "c:\program files\bethesda softworks\morrowind\data files\textures\09_grass_dirt_01.dds"!
TES3Stream Warning: Model "Meshes\09mine\09_rock_Corrundom_04.nif" tex not found "c:\program files\bethesda softworks\morrowind\data files\textures\09_rock_11.dds"!
Texture Load Error!: c:\program files\bethesda softworks\morrowind\data files\textures\09_rock_11.dds
Texture Load Error!: c:\program files\bethesda softworks\morrowind\data files\textures\09_grass_dirt_01.dds
Texture Load Error!: c:\program files\bethesda softworks\morrowind\data files\textures\09_rock_11.dds

The actual path is
c:\morrowind\data files\textures\09_rock_11.dds

Any ideas as I'd really like to use this. As I recall, you could already mine ebony and raw glass in Vanilla, so this would be a great addition.

~

Edited by Shadeybladey, 28 January 2015 - 01:48 PM.

Shadeybladey

Shadeybladey

Faithful poster

• Premium Member
  • 1,790 posts
In response to post #13609070. #22120294 is also a reply to the same post.

The problem is that the path for the Texture files (dds) inside the Meshes (nif) that points to the Texture location is the full directory path.

So, if people have not installed to that exact location, the game cannot find the textures as they are not there.

It is better to have the Texture path as "..Data Files\Textures" rather than something like "C:\Program Files\Bethesda Softworks\Morrowind\data Files\Textures"

For example, if someone installs Morrowind on their E:\ drive, or if their OS has C:\Program Files (x86) AS WELL as C:\Program Files, the game will look in the wrong folder; because Morrowind is 32 bit, it will go in Program Files (x86) in Windows 7 etc.

This can be fixed by the mod author and by any user by downloading the latest version of NIF STRIPPER (NIF_Tx_strip_v16.zip or later) from:

http://rtcvb32.herobo.com/SmartMerger

Put the zip in a folder on your desktop
Unzip the contents there (and unzip any zip inside the zip)
Drag the MESHES folder from your Morrowind Install onto nif_tx_strip.exe
A DOS box will open up and automatically fix all the file location errors for every Mesh and texture in the game.

I tried it and it worked!

If you have the Steam Version, I would play Off-line, as Steam may auto-update, reverse the fixes and break the mod again. That is the main thing I hate about Steam.

But the Author can use Nif Stripper on his own mod before he uploads the next version!

Please keep up the work and maintenance on this Mod as it really adds something to the game.

Cheers!

Edited by Shadeybladey, 28 January 2015 - 01:42 PM.

Dragon32

Dragon32

Old hand

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 596 posts
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Shadeybladey" data-cid="22134384" data-time="1422452422"><snip>
If you have the Steam Version, I would play Off-line, as Steam may auto-update, reverse the fixes and break the mod again. That is the main thing I hate about Steam.
<snip></blockquote>This can't see this happening for mod added content. If you use Morrowind Code Patch / EXE Optimiser / Other program, which alter morrowind.exe then Steam may identify the difference between what's delivered by Steam and what you have installed.

All (well, OK, most) Bethesda assets are packaged in BSAs so unless you use replacement BSAs (which AFAIK you'd have to create yourself) then your BSAs will match what Steam delivers.

Note: I don't have Morrowind installed by Steam. Actual molecules here.

[Edit: And I guess another suggestion for the author: not everyone knows what Skyrim's crafting system is like (raises hand), so perhaps some more information in the mod Description is warranted? The mod appears to allow me to make plates of food...]

Edited by Dragon32, 28 January 2015 - 05:56 PM.

SuperPCGamer

SuperPCGamer

Journeyman

• Members
  • Pip
  • 47 posts
Can you add the cooking pot as something that can be placed? I'd really like to have one by my tent/campfire.

parrotpie

parrotpie

Stranger

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
I have found a few script errors.

error script 09WineScript, line 72, column 12 (button): Unexpected name ; caused by not declaring the variable 'button'

error script 09CopperAnvilScript, line 155, column 25 (Player-GetItemCount): Unexpected name ; should be (Player->GetItemCount)

and lots of instances where == is written = =

Page loaded in: 1.495 seconds