Snezko

Snezko

Old hand

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 521 posts
Well just few minutes ago i tried to install a mod and i get this error:

Attached File  Untitled.jpg   21.96KB   4 downloads

If i try to install it more the nonce i managed to get it installed but if i try to active the .esp file NMM crashes instantly, now i'm guessing i reached the limit of active mods i can have if that's so then my follow up question is how to bypass it cause i dont get well with being limited to a certain number of mods >.>

bben46

bben46

I had a title once, but I forgot what it was.

• Staff
  • 18,435 posts
The game is limited to a maximum or 255 mods - this is hard coded in the game engine and cannot be changed. Your choices are 1. remove mods to get below the limit. 2. Use some program (as you don't specify a game I can't say what to use) to combine some mods to get below the limit.

The reason is the game engine only allocates a single hex 2 digit word for the number of mods in it's code. The maximum value of a single hex 2 digit word is FF - or decimal 255. The first slot (numbered 0 is always taken by the game.esm). Once you have filled every slot (255) The next number (adding 1 to the value) would cause a rollover (or overflow) back to hex 00 or decimal 0. Adding that one more mod would cause the 0 mod to be replaced - and crash the game instantly.

My guess is you have some simple clothing, armor or weapons mods that can be combined using something like Wrye Bash. :thumbsup:

Snezko

Snezko

Old hand

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 521 posts
Yeah i got bunch of weapons,clothes etc but i'm nub at this combining stuff etc, but thanks for the answer i'll just disable some armor mods i dont use.

Page loaded in: 1.623 seconds