Lanucher Music

11Gardonian11

I remember opening up Oblivion for the first time and hearing the launcher music, and thinking the game would be awesome.

I also remember opening up Skyrim for the first time and something felt wrong.

Is there any way someone could make the SkyrimLauncher.exe play a LauncherMusic.wav file like in the older games? Music just adds so much more depth to everything. Oblivion's LauncherMusic.wav

Wait.. do you want that music as the main menu music (which I can do) or do you want it to be music that is played before you hit play at the launcher screen(which I have no idea how to do)?

This one?:

http://schend.net/images/games/launchers/elder_scrolls_skyrim_launcher.png

Of course he means the main menu (that comes with music by default) when he talks 'bout the launcher (that comes without music by default) :D

sorry mr. troll, just clarifying. (Dont deny it, i've seen you trolling around these mod request forums hahaha :biggrin:)

Wait.. do you want that music as the main menu music (which I can do) or do you want it to be music that is played before you hit play at the launcher screen(which I have no idea how to do)?

This one?:

http://schend.net/images/games/launchers/elder_scrolls_skyrim_launcher.png

Yep, the one you have no clue how to do is the one I want. I couldn't figure it out myself, otherwise I'd have released a mod for it! The music would be played when the launcher screen popped up, and before hitting play. (The picture you posted is exactly where I want music to play.) I'm assuming it would need some programing for the Launcher to do two functions?

The only way I would see it, would be a BAT file that would open both the launcher and a MP3 file, but that's obviously not professional :facepalm:

Haha yah I spent this morning writing a batch file. I got it to work and everything but I don't like how it makes the cmd window appear :/

I'll try to fix that...

I also tried compiling the batch into a .exe and renaming it SkyrimLauncher and renaming the real Skyrim Launcher something like "Launcher" so when I click play on steam it would launch the audio too... only problem is that my anti-virus believes that its a virus so I would have to disable my antivirus in order to play which wont fly....

aaannnnyyway I have the unprofessional .bat mod if anyone wants it :P

Another issue is that the MP3 wouldn't stop playing even after pressing Play, am I wrong? :biggrin:

No I got it to work :P thats what took from like 10 this morning to now to figure out XD I'm a total noob at this but a lot of google searches helped me.

So what I did:

2. Batch file starts up the launcher
  3. Next it waits untill the launcher is started to launch a separate script file I wrote which launches the wav file (taken from the video you posted) in the background so windows media player doesnt start up -.-
  4. Then it starts a check system to see if TESV.exe is running and if SkyrimLauncher.exe is running
  5. If TESV.exe is running (you hit 'Play') it stops the audio file but if SkyrimLauncher.exe stops running (you hit 'Exit') the audio file stops playing

It's just that easy right? XD

I bet theirs a simpler way to do this but it works... It has 3 files that you just drop in your main skyrim directory:

•  
  • The wav file
  • The Batch file
  • And the scripts file that runs the wav in the background

I'll try to figure out how to get rid of the cmd window but if you guys want the files just let me know, ill post them

Edited by bluesmurph

OK I got my mod working! http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/27748

So Its no longer a batch file and no command windows appear when you launch it!

All you do is:

•  
  • Rename the current 'SkyrimLauncher.exe' to 'Launcher.exe'
  • Drag the Script file and the new 'SkyrimLauncher.exe' into the skyrim directory folder
  • Drag in one of the 3 songs I included (1 is the oblivion launcher theme that was posted in this thread and the other 2 are Skyrim songs I lliked)

This mod is fully working with steam so you can just click 'Play' on steam and it will launch the exe which redirects to the real launcher and the song at the same time. This mod will not be compatible with any other mod that needs the 'SkyrimLauncher.exe' to be renamed.

You can add your own songs anytime by just naming a .wav file 'launcher_mus.wav' and adding it to the skyrim directory instead of adding one of the pre-given

Their are still 2 problems though...

2. My Anti-Virus was freaking out when I first launched the .exe so you made need to add the file as an exception
  3. The script file has a path in it that may not be the same on everyone elses computer so you may have to edit the path to point to your skyrim directory (tutorial on Mod page)