⚠ Known Issue: Media on User Profiles ×

Issue with black smoke coming out of my character in dawnguard please

flaouze

Hello Everyone!

I have hired Cusith the dog from the Dawnguard castle (I am already a vampire) and now there is black smoke coming out of me (like a shadow). Take a look at the pic below.

Not sure it's related to the dog though or the mods.

It's not the ebony mail.

I don't know what the spell is so I can do the add/remove spell trick like I did when I got the frost smoke coming out of me.

Can anyone please help me with this glitch?

The only way I can remove the black smoke temporarily is by doing "sexchange" twice on the console. Then it comes back again after a while.

I have found this link where many smoke glitches are listed but not the black smoke (almost like a death hound) http://test.zhaoxinpeng.com/viewjy.php?id=eb9f7b6dc9a4e4869364e881

Check this picture: http://i.imgur.com/gBnSd.jpg

Even while riding horses: http://i.imgur.com/afEuq.jpg

Thanks for your help!!!

Looks like an enchantment effect. You might want to check your active effects and see if you've got something there that might be causing the effect. You can also try, taking off all your armor pieces and dropping everything in your inventory on the ground (or into a chest your PC owns) then checking to see if the effect disappears after you lose each item. But most likely it's an effect you got when you hired your dog companion. Try telling them to wait in your house or something and see if the effect ends.

Thanks for the suggestion ! So what I did just to make sure was the following:

- dropped all my items including equipped of course

- issued the player.resurrect 1 command which dropped all current effects

- did sexchange twice to remove the smoke

- reset the better vampire mod to default

- save game

- exit skyrim

- uninstall better vampires

- restart and reload game

....smoke effect is still here !! altough I am naked as a worm and all effects are gone.

Don't know what else I can do darn it!!

Any other ideas??

thanks!

I also noticed that if I get rid of the black smoke (e.g. sexchange command twice) and stay in 3rd person, the issue does not reappear UNTIL I go back to 1st person view.

So I am playing 3rd person for now as a work around...but that's really messed up!

Any help will be greatly appreciated!

OK I finally found the solution to the black fog/smoke/aura !!

using the console do the following in 3rd person view:

player.addspell 020028EB

player.removespell 020028EB

It turned out that by taking one of the Dawnguard Death Hound (dog) as follower (e.g. CuSith) you get "contaminated" with this Death Hound FX !! Must be a bug but I am sooo glad I found the fix!!!

OK I finally found the solution to the black fog/smoke/aura !!

using the console do the following in 3rd person view:

player.addspell 020028EB

player.removespell 020028EB

It turned out that by taking one of the Dawnguard Death Hound (dog) as follower (e.g. CuSith) you get "contaminated" with this Death Hound FX !! Must be a bug but I am sooo glad I found the fix!!!

Looked like a looping vampire fart ! :sick: LoL I'm glad you got it fixed man.

• 1 year later...

I get errors and "script not compiled" when I try it. Similar "shadow" following me everywhere but I figured it was a mod add-on (Better Vampires) due to stealth perks or something like that... being full time sneaky. I don't like it but that console command doesn't work, any chance it's intentional?

• 11 months later...