Sovngarde Glow doesn't dissapear after final quest

Cookybiscuit

I've tried...

player.removespell command for the 'glow for heavenly people' effect

Using the sexchange command

Reloading the game

Fast travelling and moving cells

Marking the spell as a disease in the creation kit, then worshiping at a shrine to force diseases to be cured

Removing the effect line from 'abfxsovngardeglow' in the creation kit

Deleting 'abfxsovngardeglow' and 'abfxsovengarde' in the creation kit

...Yet my character still looks like this http://i.imgur.com/Nb9ek.jpg

How to fix it?

Thanks.

You need to first do

player.addspell *spell ID*

Close console

Open console

player.removespell *spell ID*

Just doing player.remove spell doesn't work for some reason. I have used the add and remove to get rid of the Draugr effect which gets applied to my chars every time they fight the Gauldursson dudes in Geirmunds Hall, and others have used the same method to remove the Death Hound effect.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 10 months later...

TUTORIAL: REMOVING UNWANTED MAGIC EFFECTS FROM THE PLAYER

Apply the script fix that I posted in the above thread, then use this spell ID to remove the effect:

AbFXSovengardeGlow: 10B2DE

I know, really old post. This was posted at the beginning of the year, and I'm posting at the end, but I hope it's okay.

Just wanted to say THANKS SO MUCH!!!! I just finished the main quest for the first time in forever, and after returning to Skyrim from Sovngarde, my character had that annoying yellow glow, except it was really bright and really prominent.

It was a huge bright yellow aura around my character, and every time I went into 3rd person, my game dropped a few frames. Following your method worked 100%, and I'm happy. Very happy. Thank you =)

• 2 years later...
  • 2 years later...

Y

TUTORIAL: REMOVING UNWANTED MAGIC EFFECTS FROM THE PLAYER

Apply the script fix that I posted in the above thread, then use this spell ID to remove the effect:

AbFXSovengardeGlow: 10B2DE

Definitely didn't work for me. I seriously don't know what I should do. It's stuck with me!

You're not the only one... I got this game for like 4 years and i havent found any solutions... Once that Tutorial helped it but when i had another error and had to uninstall and then reinstall Skyrim it came back and this time the tutorial didnt work... Its permanent

• 2 years later...