help: wanto reverse show all map markers

nisen

Hey, this seems like a game breaker and i hate it

tmm 1 will show all map markers

tmm 0 will hide all map markers

in between is what you USED to have, which only showed map map markers you found thru exploration

so how the heck do you reset tmm 1 so it goes back to only show the map markers you found???

Hasnt anyone asked and answered this question? Its a huge grip cause any gameplay since toggling tmm 1 is basically corrupted if the map nolonger referencing where youve been

Edited by nisen

Oh I'm sure people have asked and answered it. The answer is: not really. Once you've used the console command to fill all map markers you're either stuck with them all filled in or starting again with none. There is a reason people call using the console a 'cheat' this is one of them, you should use it with caution and full knowledge that doing so can break your game sometimes.

ok thanks

well i dont usually use console codes to cheat, and theres a ton of great ones people should know, and the tmm 1 command is totally useless imo, only good for a one time check, i just toggled it cause id been modding the map markers (see) and forgot id toggled it so continued playing

its also one of the only commands i know of that isnt reversable, the player data must be stored somewhere, am just hoping someone here knows where so i can reset it that way, even editing the GECK and fwiw cheating is a victimless crime when its a single player game, theres no real down side or upside, its just *lore* bending or breaks it if done to excess

Edited by nisen

ok thanks

well i dont usually use console codes to cheat, and theres a ton of great ones people should know, and the tmm 1 command is totally useless imo, only good for a one time check, i just toggled it cause id been modding the map markers (see) and forgot id toggled it so continued playing

its also one of the only commands i know of that isnt reversable, the player data must be stored somewhere, am just hoping someone here knows where so i can reset it that way, even editing the GECK and fwiw cheating is a victimless crime when its a single player game, theres no real down side or upside, its just *lore* bending or breaks it if done to excess

Seriously nisin? Just SAVE first, and then reload the save when you're done. :wallbash:

Seriously nisin? Just SAVE first, and then reload the save when you're done. :wallbash:

whats the point of this reply other than saying you dont know a workaround? and whats with the dramatic opening as if you think im an idiot for asking, or for having the problem? Mabye you were trying to be helpful but i already know the basic method to restore the old setting

this thread was to ask if anyone knows how to do it without going back to a previous save, perhaps editing the current save file, even if someone just has some pointers

whats the point of this reply other than saying you dont know a workaround? and whats with the dramatic opening as if you think im an idiot for asking, or for having the problem? Mabye you were trying to be helpful but i already know the basic method to restore the old setting

this thread was to ask if anyone knows how to do it without going back to a previous save, perhaps editing the current save file, even if someone just has some pointers

Well first of all I wasn't trying to be "rude" or imply that you're an idiot. I was trying to edit that "second" post, and actually don't know how it happened to get posted at all. My bad I guess. Unfortunatly, much like MANY console commands, mistakes HERE aren't always "reversible" or deletable either. So, I apologized for it with my "second post", which somehow got posted first. Thirdly, since I suspected, although was unsure from your reply to Oubliette's reply, that you were aware of the "reloading a previous save" method, my reply (the one that got posted first) was only meant to confirm what Oubliette has said. I actually WAS just trying to be helpful. So, except for reloading a previous save, the only other option might be to edit the unicode of the save files [ e.g. FO3SAVEGAMEZ ]. Good luck. :biggrin:

I personally wouldn't even try to edit an ".fos file" (save file) myself, but if you're seriously curious you can open one with Notepad, Notepad ++, or IrfanView (with a plugin) to take a look for starters. I guess I'd make a copy somewhere and open that just to be on the safe side.

There's also some info here: http://falloutmods.w...FOS_file_format :thumbsup:

Happy Holidays!

Edited by SirRomin