1538 replies to this topic

hfiani

hfiani

Old hand

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 541 posts
In response to post #8279181.

dragons cannot be tamed so far. (well at least vanilla dragons)
anyway use your information spell to determine if you can or cannot tame a beast. there is no specific level.
anyway download the 2.4.3 i just updated, and use the configuration lesser power, if you do not have it go to the whiterun petshop and ask the shop lady for it. then press on refresh. now, considering my tests, your pet should have his own name plus from now on if you save it should reload the name on game load

hfiani

hfiani

Old hand

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 541 posts
1000 comments!!! and as it appears, my last comment was the 1000th :P anyway a new version is up and ready to be downloaded. more info please check the updated description.

shinjimarre

shinjimarre

Stranger

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
good day TTBoS team,

@hfiani - Read your reply on the config menu loop i posted, and i commend you on the swiftness of your resolve. added the new patch and thank you very much!
And just in case it helps, referring to the wandering waiting beast issue, i tracked one lion and it appears that, when ordered to wait, it wanders off to the original taming spot - the place where the taming of that particular beast took place in skyrim world.

hope it helps. congratulations and a good day to all players and modders

hfiani

hfiani

Old hand

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 541 posts
In response to post #8280143.

hi, technically, the lion comes from prides of skyrim (correct me if i am wrong) so this lion has already an old package, when you wait the following package of tame beast gets deactivated, which will make the lion follow his old package.
soooooo..... sorry this is not what i was looking for, but thank you for having the trouble to write it down.

featherhead021

featherhead021

Journeyman

• Members
  • Pip
  • 45 posts
In response to post #8271177. #8271298, #8271675, #8271756, #8275407, #8277879, #8278240, #8278744 are all replies on the same post.

Theres way too many mods I have active for me to narrow down which it is. I do know its the only companion creature mod I do have. So maybe that means it cant be other mods? The only other creature mod I have is monster mods.

hfiani

hfiani

Old hand

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 541 posts
In response to post #8271177. #8271298, #8271675, #8271756, #8275407, #8277879, #8278240, #8278744, #8281209 are all replies on the same post.

try to download 2.4.3 and use refresh from configuration menu then save, exit the game and load again adn see if it works now.

P1Gvenom

P1Gvenom

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 79 posts
In response to post #8277837. #8277896 is also a reply to the same post.

I should have stated that I waited for several minutes after refreshing to see if I would be able to move again, but I was not able to move. I'm pretty certain that my character does get permanently stuck like that, and I'm convinced that the refresh didn't fix my problem of not being able to tame beasts, it only added the command attack spell.

The update didn't fix this issue either. I even made another new character to see if the problem might have resolved itself, but it's the same. I loaded an older save from a past character that was made before I had this mod installed just to see if it worked, and it does work just fine. I'm convinced that my issue is with alternate start because that is the only difference between my new and old characters. Unfortunately, I can't disable alternate start because it breaks the game :/ Alternate start does mess around with how the main quest is initiated too.

If you have any suggestions on what I can do, aside from a complete reinstall, please let me know. I love this mod, and the idea of my hunter/survivalist character being able to tame wild beasts is amazing.

P1Gvenom

P1Gvenom

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 79 posts
In response to post #8277837. #8277896, #8283504 are all replies on the same post.

So I decided to bite the bullet and do a new install. I did install the mods that I consider to be essential though, like frostfall, realistic needs and diseases, hunterborn, SkyRe, various graphical and interface mods(along with SKSE), and this mod(with the tamable horses add-on). I made a new character and played through the lengthy intro/tutorial. I then went to whiterun, got the tame beast book, and started my quests for the main storyline with the jarl. Unfortunately, the mod is still broken for me. I can't tame anything. I added the config power and did a refresh, but I have the same problem with it indefinitely freezing my character in place.

Also, I was getting random CTDs in the wilderness. I'd hoped the new install would have fixed that, but I got one when I approached a group of wild horses. I disabled the wild horses mod and I don't seem to have anymore issues. I'm fairly certain that the ctds were being caused by the wild horses mod. I realize now that they did start at about the same time I installed it. I thought it was some of the other wilderness mods that I installed at the same time, but I see now that it wasn't. This is pretty disappointing :(

Oh, and the petstore woman no longer has the configuration spell dialog. I had to add it through the console.

hfiani

hfiani

Old hand

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 541 posts
In response to post #8277837. #8277896, #8283504, #8284128 are all replies on the same post.

considering that your game has loaded the Command Attack spell, it means that ok, some of the script is working. but also not all of it is working either. can you search data folder for *tamebeast*.pex and tell me what are the scripts he can see and where is he seeing them? (the folders they are in) EDIT: you means our wild horses? if so please try without it. and reply back

Edited by hfiani, 19 June 2013 - 07:43 AM.

Leiasky

Leiasky

Journeyman

• Members
  • Pip
  • 30 posts
I really love this mod xD added some pics again. some questions please, how the happinnes affects to pet damage? I need give some food to my pets? if i not give food, they can die? - Added tracking arrow, now you can talk to the lady in the petshop and ask from her to track your pet, then you will have a quest started called. (still a beta and not fully tested) Where is this pet shop? lol The rare pet system is from ur mod or is already implemented in skyrim? i find some named best like Ghost, Fermi, Varg and others they are rare pets? Or they are from other mod? Thanks and best regards my friends ;) P.D: sorry for my bad english ;)

Edited by Leiasky, 19 June 2013 - 09:05 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Page loaded in: 0.944 seconds