Mod issues after "validating game integrity" in Steam.

munduses

Hello!

Straight to business:

After I clicked "verify integrity of game cache" in Steam and it found "3 files that couldn't be found, will now be reacquired", my Enhanced Shaders FX broke down -- see attached screenshot. Additionally, skyrim.esm disappeared from the Skyrim Launcher's Data Files. Skyrim.esm is still in my data folder, so I don't understand what Steam borked up.

When I remove the d3d9.dll from my Skyrim folder -- without which Enhanced Shaders naturally can't work -- graphics are back to Vanilla and are displaying as they should.

I downloaded and reinstalled both the d3d9.dll and Enhanced Shaders FX, but the problem persists. Steam obviously mucked about with some of the vanilla game's files, and now isn't compatible with this common mod. Or then it deleted something important.

Does anyone have a hunch of what could be the cause, and how could I fix Steam's borkage (without ultimately reinstalling the whole game from original dvd...)? :)

Thank you in advance and happy new year!

I'd just do a clean install.

Haha, today I began the reinstallation process by backuping my mod files, and as I moved onto my heavily edited SkyrimPrefs.ini file, it struck me, that maybe Steam mucked around with the .ini files! And lo and behold, Steam had changed my "bFloatPointRenderTarget" to the default value, 0! No wonder the graphics looked horrible. Changing it back to =1 solved the problem.

PHEW.