• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

7Lachlan7

7Lachlan7

Journeyman

• Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts
ok im having a problem the mod manager work and it downloads but it wont show in my data file of skyrim so technically it not working I mean it shows in my computer file data BUT WONT GO TO SKYRIM DATA FILES, why please someone help nothing ever works for me.

bben46

bben46

I had a title once, but I forgot what it was.

• Staff
  • 18,490 posts
Here is a link to my troubleshooting blog.
http://s1.zetaboards.../4751769/1/#new
This is updated from time to time so come back later for more.

Look specifically at the 'Data Files Greyed out' topic in the Skyrim section

If you use any of this and have some success - or even if nothing works - please post back here what you did that worked or didn't work. That kind of information can be invaluable to other members having the same or similar problems - And to me in fixing any problems in the blog.

james234

james234

Old hand

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 519 posts
depends. if you running the steam version it'll work but pirated version won't work. make sure you have it installed correctly too.

7Lachlan7

7Lachlan7

Journeyman

• Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts
well nothing worked there would have to do with my skyrim.esm plugin in the mod manger being grey because of then that every thing works it shows in my file but not in the data files in the game this is so annoying, I look at videos of how other people do it and it works first go why me :wallbash: :facepalm: . again im going to ask please keep helping me you guy are awesome for helping me thanks, if you have any other ideas that would be most appreciated. :biggrin:, if you wont to see a picture of what I mean just ask and ill post one maybe that will help

7Lachlan7

7Lachlan7

Journeyman

• Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts
no my game is a real copy and it on steam, and I can download mods from steamwork shop which is weird would rather have nexus, so if you have any other ideas. and thank you :thumbsup:

bben46

bben46

I had a title once, but I forgot what it was.

• Staff
  • 18,490 posts
Did you use the download with NMM? or the Manual download option?

If you used manual there is another step needed to get the mod into the game (see the manual installation section in the blog)
If you used either, did you check the mod in the MODS page in NMM (works the same with both manual & NMM downloaded file) - to get the check mark, click on the name and not the box.

Some mods don't have an esm component and will not show in the list when they are active - These are usually texture changers. Look for them in the game.

Any mod that is a 'modders resource' will not work by itself. These are intended to be used by mod creators and not users.

Give us a list of the mods (instructions in the blog on where to get a copyable list)

The greyed out has nothing to do with NMM. It is the DATA menu selection in the main game menu. If that is grey - when you place the pointer over it, it should change to white. If it does not, then you cannot click on it and that means that your game is not set up to use mods. Follow the instructions in the blog to fix that.

7Lachlan7

7Lachlan7

Journeyman

• Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts
ok well im using NMM and this is one of the pic ill send some more to show you my problem and ill look at all the info you given me and give it a try, and thanks and probs will still need some help sorry about that. ok so it wont let me send you the pic you have a email I could send it to.

7Lachlan7

7Lachlan7

Journeyman

• Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts
ok don't worry I,ve got it thanks a lot your awesome :dance: :biggrin: :thumbsup:

Page loaded in: 7.432 seconds