• Please log in to reply
2445 replies to this topic

whateverbruh

whateverbruh

Stranger

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
im having some trouble. i get the dialogue options to adopt the kids but they wont move in with me.

TMPhoenix

TMPhoenix

Faithful poster

• Premium Member
  • 1,514 posts
@whateverbruh:
Which home are you using?
Are you running Skyrim 1.8?
Which kids are you trying to adopt?
Did you already have kids before you installed the mod?
Do you have the latest version?
Which language are you using?

whateverbruh

whateverbruh

Stranger

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
i am in the lakeview house. im running skyrim 1.8. im trying to adopt the boy outside katla's farm. as well as ma'isha. i had two kids before i installed the mod but i did the console commands as directed and none of them seemed to work. im running on the latest version and in english

MrFunkFu

MrFunkFu

Journeyman

• Premium Member
  • 33 posts
Hey TM-Phoenix great job. This is a very good mod i was loving it but i'm having a glitch/bug... today i went back to Lakeview Manor and both Lucia and sofie are OVERSIZED children now. OMG they're huge, they are really XL adult size NPCs... the other two adopted children Maisha and Hroar are still small children size. I tried to reload saves and stuff but that doesn't seem to work, can't fix it. what do you suggest to fix this problem?

Edited by MrFunkFu, 13 February 2013 - 04:36 AM.

khulse

khulse

Journeyman

• Members
  • Pip
  • 36 posts
@MrFunkFu

For some reason, children will sometimes spontaniosly reset their size to adult. To fix it:

open the console and click on the child in question.

Type setscale 1

If that doesn't work, then I'm not sure.

TMPhoenix

TMPhoenix

Faithful poster

• Premium Member
  • 1,514 posts
@MrFunkFu: The issue is probably caused by the double bed. The animations attached to the bed, cause the NPCs to be of a suitable length... In this case adult sized; the command khulse posted should work. Alternatively, you could just wait until the kids play an animation that causes them to reset to kid size.

I'll see if there's a way to prevent the rescaling behavior.

MrFunkFu

MrFunkFu

Journeyman

• Premium Member
  • 33 posts
@Khulse @TMPhoenix The "setscale 1" fixed it. Thanks dudes, those huge looking kids were absolutely hilarious.

Edited by MrFunkFu, 13 February 2013 - 04:33 AM.

khulse

khulse

Journeyman

• Members
  • Pip
  • 36 posts
Glad I could help :)

I have a question for TMPheonix myself:

I would rather have the greenhouse than the bedroom. If I only adopt four children, will this still be possible? If not, I should be able to tweak things myself- except that I can't seem to open the esp in the creation kit. It gives me an error about opening some script or another.

Thanks.

TMPhoenix

TMPhoenix

Faithful poster

• Premium Member
  • 1,514 posts
@khulse:

No, currently the bedroom is used to determine whether a home is suitable for a family (like in vanilla Hearthfire), so you need to build the bedroom. You could change this by modifying some scripts a little to make the home available when you for example have built the other beds. To open the mod in the CK you need to first extract the scripts from the bsa. Also you NEED to use Tes5Edit to delocalize the mod, so that you can edit the mod (if you don't the text strings will be missing/wrong in game). After you've edit it, relocalize the mod in Tes5Edit and use StringTranslator to add the translations back. You can then optionally place the compiled scripts and strings back into the bsa.

mistereveready

mistereveready

Stranger

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
@ TMPhoenix
I'm having same trouble as whateverbruh. No matter the load order.

The problem is either I get the option to adopt repeatedly but they never move in.They change to "Hmm","What is it". Or stay on the thank you phase. In one case the ones that were already moved in started the "thank you" dialogue after adopting one more. I had mod installed before adopting any of them. I also tried console which lead to the children going into an infinite option to adopt loop with 2 options to adopt listed in chat dialogue.

I"m on 1.8.151
US English.
Mod V1_2_5
I tried w/o other mods & only the main esm's.
The children I've tried with are
Lucia, Sofie, Runa, Sissel, Britte, and Blaise.(I did kill Lamkil and I do get adopt dialogue)
I've tried waiting between adoptions & different order of adoption
The home is Lake View Manor with all the beds added.
I have the childrens bedroom, beds upstairs,alchemy lab,kitchen, and main hall with beds.Maybe I need to revert to a save and use storage room instead of alchemy. Sorry if I missed that requirement.

I did at one time get 4 children in the home, but when I tried to adopt Sofie I encountered the "Thank you" repeats.

Thankyou for your efforts.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

1 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

cw97
Page loaded in: 0.929 seconds