No/Broken Animations

AlverSu

Ok, Here is the situation

I admit tingly haven't played skyrim in a while, but decided to get back into it, so in installed a few new mods, updated the old one I liked and undated skse as well. Then I started to play, (new game) when I noticed something really weird. None of the animations in the game were working.

I could move around and everything, but for some reason my character and all the other characters in game were all standing stiff, with there legs together, and arms held vertically out from their bodies. (Think a cross) I want to say I heard this called 'civilian' pose but I'm not sure whats its called.

I originally assumed it was one of the newer mods conflicted with the older ones, so I removed them... and still had it. So then I started going through all my older mods, assuming one of them conflicted with an update to skyrim ... and I still had the issue.

I manually deleted everything in the Data file, got the core game files back via Steam, install only my old mods which I knew worked, and I STILL have the issue

So I'm left with no idea why my game is doing this. I thought maybe getting some kind of skeleton improving mod but I couldn't seem to find one. And that's even assuming its an issue with my mods.

Here is the list of Mods I have, just in case someone can point out one that clearly has a major bug or something that maybe causing this. Oh and used Nexus Mod Manager to install everything (Currently 0.34.0)

A Quality World Map: 8.0 *

Alternate Start - 2.1.8a *

Calientes Female Body Mod -CBBE- 3.2.3 *

Guard Dialogue Overhaul - 1.2

Moonpath to Elsweyr 9.5 *

SkyUI - 1 *

Thalmor Viceroy Inquisitors Clothes -CBBE - TBBP -1

The Loners Sword. 1-1 *

Vierna The Drow 1.2

Zazernel's Drow Race *

* - These are the Mods I had originally

I also have Dawn-guard and Hearthfire DLC (Tried Disabling the Hearth-Fire DLC as well, didnt work)

Edited by AlverSu

• 1 year later...

I'm having this same issue. I have deleted all mods. and tried starting a unmodded game. I have Uninstalled skyrim and reinstalled from a disc. still stuck in this stiff arms to the side legs apart posture. I updated all mods, and went through uninstalled the ones i wasn't using anymore (properly as far as the mod pages said to) and the issue started occurring. and it occurs whether i have mods on my game or not. Everything is up to date on the mods list, and NMM is up to date also. Could it be in Updating my mods that by doing so without realizing it, I broke the script of skyrim for movement animations?

As far as I know you have to go onto Steam and register your boxed copy with Steam.

Steam has the updates you need to actually use mods. Until you get the update your box version will not work with the mods.