• Please log in to reply
6606 replies to this topic

BrabbelKP

BrabbelKP

Old hand

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 887 posts
I don't even care about that bug. If it was the only problem I had with my Skyrim, I'd be quite happy, but there's far bigger problems that have to be solved when messing around with mods.

xion22

xion22

Journeyman

• Members
  • Pip
  • 25 posts
silver armor mod?

eSoDian

eSoDian

Not the droid you're looking for.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,769 posts
@xion22: Arise - Black Sacrament

Bilemoods

Bilemoods

Journeyman

• Supporter
  • Pip
  • 24 posts

This may be an interaction between this mod and another, but just thought I'd mention it as it shows up in the race menu. I the page where you select your race it has each race repeated many times with the detailed description only coming of 1 of them. The exception being Orc. The screenshots below highlight it:

Screenshot 1

Screenshot 2

Screenshot 3

The Mods I have installed:
Mod List

Edit: 1.4.0 will have some aesthetic changes, I've reduced the font and icon size for the list and moved the race description into the list so users with small resolutions can see the bonus skills.

Font reduction
Description in-list

@petrino
Wouldn't be hard, you mean like a +/- button right? While that'd be ok for sliders with less values it would not be for sliders with an abundance of values.

@XForsakenX
Disable some other mod, will probably have the same effect.

@Bilemoods
That'd be another mod causing that, you have edits to Races but their formids were changed (Probably because they conflicted), either you were messing with TES5Edit improperly, or you have some mods made by modders who have no idea what they're doing. The Racemenu giving the description for Orc is proof that the RaceMenu is working, otherwise you'd have descriptions from other races all over the place, what's currently happening is you have multiple instances of your previous races that are unique, instead of overriding. If that was caused by TES5Edit that's definitely not what should have happened, what should have happened is it merged the race records, not just created new ones.

@Superpowerarsenal
Any mod that has a master file requirement but you don't have that master file in your load order, or it is a plugin referencing another plugin as if it were a master, but it's lower in the load order. Any mod that has references to string files but doesn't have the strings. Many things can cause that, my mod is not one of them.

There are 18 of each race except Orc, I don't believe I have 18 mods that affect race. Is there any way to identify which mods are responsible? (short of turning some off and starting a new game repeatedly) .  I'm using Mod Manager, could the affect it ?  I the only times I've used TES5Edit have been when BOSS has told me to clean out dirty mods. Please help.

expired6978

expired6978

Resident poster

• Premium Member
  • 2,812 posts
@Bilemoods
Assuming they were given editorids with an appropriate name try help "racename" in the console, like... "help Argonian"... Use 'Page Up' to go up in the list, near the very top of the list you should see records listing RACE: Argonian (FORMID) in your case you may see multiples of this, or something similar. They will have the modindex AAXXXXXX where AA is the mod index in hex, and X is the formid. The mod index will be related to your load-order and will indicate which mod the race is from.

xion22

xion22

Journeyman

• Members
  • Pip
  • 25 posts
thx eSoDian

mindinavoid

mindinavoid

Fan

• Premium Member
  • 371 posts
Having a curious bug wherein I can't put facial hair on anything but Khajiit, and I can't modify eyebrows on anything other than Argonians. That is, the "brows" option doesn't show on non-Argonians and the "facial hair" option doesn't show on non-Khajiit.

As it is, the only character I play that this is a bother for is my dunmer, who was a fresh-faced young lad in Oblivion and now is an old war veteran with severe eyebrows and a well groomed beard, but I've put off making him for playing my giant barbarian Khajiit instead, so that's not that big of a deal, but it's certainly an odd thing to have.

Other bug I'm having: the longer I run in the race menu, the more the game bogs-- and it's tied to the menu options in some way, because if I use the search to exclude all but one bar, it all runs faster. I can 'reset' the bogging by simply finishing character creation and reupping showracemenu; the game goes back to normal, un-bogged speed without. I've also noticed that it tends to happen faster if I change "abnormal" things like head size, height, and arm thickness. It also tends to happen faster for Argonians, and fastest for Khajiit. (Unfortunate, since one of my cats-- a dual-wielding speedcat who specializes in Bound Swords-- is also the most complex, warpaints-wise, and my heavy-armored zweihander-favoring Argonian comes in close second.)

I have one custom race, which is a modification of the Ashen race that I've been fussing with (for NPCs, not for me, but it still shows in the race menu), and only one hair-related mod that isn't meshes and textures, which is Vanilla Hairs Unlocked. Anything else race-related is meshes or textures (or SkyRe's Races module, which is just skills and stats and junk).

Golomious

Golomious

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 82 posts
I dont have some of the options that are shown on the pictures. I have an updated skse system. Am I missing something? Or does it not work with certain skin systems?

eSoDian

eSoDian

Not the droid you're looking for.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,769 posts
@Golomious: You also need this activated:

"RaceMenuPlugin.esp (Optional)
Adjust player height
Adjust player bicep size
Adjust player glute size (Only works for meshes that support skeletal scaling e.g. TBBP body meshes)
Adjust player breast size (Only works for meshes that support skeletal scaling e.g. BBP body meshes)"

Also be sure you installed SKSE correctly, copying the "Data" folder from SKSE to the main Skyrim location, merging or overwriting when asked.

expired6978

expired6978

Resident poster

• Premium Member
  • 2,812 posts
@mindinavoid Your first 'bug' wouldn't be from my mod, those are both vanilla features, if they aren't there it means they aren't there to begin with, you would have this 'bug' without my mod. The races themselves dictate what sliders are available, the facial hair is controlled by a FormList that lists what races it can be applied to. I imagine you have some mod changing this, or you have some custom version of the race that is not included in that FormList. The lagging I could only imagine would be from the menu rapidly allocating for flash objects for some unknown reason, I've since changed many internal workings in the new version, this may or may not be fixed. @2fun2 I certainly know how, I don't mean to offend but it would probably be beyond what either of us could do for the time being. Currently, hair color is controlled by a single color tint that's driven by NetImmerse. To have multiple colors we would need masks, basically you would need to replicate how masks are applied to the players face, and apply them to the hair node. You would also need to hook many functions that "refresh" this to do the same to hair. It's certainly not an easy task. Alternatively you could explicitly re-color the hair texture yourself and then make your hair color a grey tone. This would negate the color blending and just result with the plain hair texture, but this would mean you could no longer choose your hair color; it would be dependent on that static hair texture. Personally I have changed all of my Apachii hairstyle's textures to be greyscale so I can get more 'pure' colors when selecting hair colors, but again, it's only one color, or rather only shades of one color.

Edited by expired6978, 15 February 2013 - 05:56 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Page loaded in: 1.116 seconds