Luddemann BlenderBlog

luddemann

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, plan on doing something similar. It depends on when the Credo mod is released. I see no point in competing with the almighty actusreus. This armor is meant for the mod call Moonstone, and I dont want to use the same armor for two mods. However, if I will ever do this, it will look rather similar, though it will use a lot less metal and a lot more leather.

Ok guys. A big update today. I present my new project: Guard armors remade (name work in progress ;)) It is a mod that seeks to change the guard armors and make them more diverse. Not only that, but make the staff of the Yarl wear uniforms. The armors depicted below is of course Whiterun, though all the holds will be updated. I guess I will do Windhelm and Solitude last (if ever) because of Credo, which will improve greatly on those guards. The creators are kwn2k, Fenriks and me.

http://i426.photobucket.com/albums/pp350/bamsemisbruker/Untitled-1_zps669eebde.jpg

Bigger pic here: http://i426.photobucket.com/download-albums/pp350/bamsemisbruker/.highres/Untitled-1_zps669eebde.jpg

Really nice! And easy to recognize.

Light - Medium - Heavy - Knight? - Mage

(From left to right)

I just took a look at those basic soldier outfits (first two) today, and thought that those would be really nice base for some sort of guard overhaul.

(However, I severely lack the skill to put anything together myself, and I suck at retexturing)

Are you using Blender or max when making those armors?

I'd say that even if you would just use those same meshes for every hold with different textures, it'd still be really awesome.

Also, are you guys able to re-shape the armors to fit females as well? :thumbsup:

Thank for reply.

Well. The original thought was that the two first was the common guards. Just nice to have some variation. The third is the veteran armor, that Commander Caius would wear. The fourth is either body guard or thane, Irleth would wear this i think. And the last one is the court wizard outfit.

I use blender.

Yes, this is a major problem. Haha. I guess I will just have to fit the to the female body. Crappy job :P