Skyrim Nexus 504 Gateway Time-out

BSnake

Seems to be working when I try...

Dear Sir, I really appreciate that it's working for you, but it doesn't for me. I'm getting this error since over 3 weeks now, exclusively on the Nexus sides. Saying:" Seems to be working when I try" really isn't much of a help if it isn't working for me. I just want to update my mods attributes because I feel the urge to inform my users that I've accidentaly missed setting up a exclamation mark in one of the scripts, and they're probably going to face an anoying bug.

I understand that this side has millions of users, but then...it was working before, so this can't be a serious reason?

What is the master plan to fix this inconvenience?

... I'm getting this error since over 3 weeks now, exclusively on the Nexus sides...

As you noted, it's working for others, so the error is probably somewhere on your side... :whistling:

• Log-off all Nexus sites.

• Clear your cache.

• Test with this site: "Down For Everyone Or Just Me - Check a website".

• Try with another browser.

• Check with your ISP.

... I'm getting this error since over 3 weeks now, exclusively on the Nexus sides...

As you noted, it's working for others, so the error is probably somewhere on your side... :whistling:

• Log-off all Nexus sites.

• Clear your cache.

• Test with this site: "Down For Everyone Or Just Me - Check a website".

• Try with another browser.

• Check with your ISP.

No. No it isn't. It isn't at all... :armscrossed:

My cache is automatically cleared whenever I'm leaving Firefox. This automatically logs me off of all Nexus sites. The test side is of no use, since I never claimed the Nexus would be down per se. It'a giving me the 504 error whenever trying to edit my mods attributes. It also showes a very sluggish behaviour, like loading times over 1 minute when refreshing page etc.

Which Browser do you recommend. And why should I install even more Browsers that I already have installed? IE is giving me the same problems. The Nexus is optimized for Google Chrome?

I would check my ISP if not the rest of the darn internets would perform perfectly on my Browser.

So I probably just have to wait until tomorrow morning when traffic is lower on the Nexus, which in fact is the only reason for this happening.

As others besides me noted, it's not working for others, so the error is probably somewhere on your side... :whistling:

Yeah, sorry, it's not the users. Ever since I got back into Skyrim last month, the Nexus has been incredibly unstable. I get constant 502 and 504 errors, the forum has a login loop when using Chrome, etc.

Many other users are reporting the same issues. It's not us; it's the Nexus.

And yet, for other members there's been little to no problem. And the folk who have issues, and the folk who do not, don't seem to be only using certain pages of the sites or just from one region of the world.

Over the past three weeks I've been reaching skyrimnexus, oblivionnexus, and dragonagenexus (the parts of the site I visit most frequently) from the east coast of the US with no issues. (Well, none beyond being limited to a 1.5Mbps DSL connection. :tongue: )

However, if network congestion is part of the problem in reaching the Nexus, and your ISP isn't updating its routing tables to get here often enough, you'll continue to get "server not found" or "time-out" errors even as others are using the Nexus at full speed!

Next time you're having a problem connecting, try this site and let us know what it reports:

"Down For Everyone Or Just Me - Check a website" :thumbsup:

Next time you're having a problem connecting, try this site and let us know what it reports:

"Down For Everyone Or Just Me - Check a website" :thumbsup:

Could you please stop twisting and ignoring facts. It's the second time you're posting this link that is of absolutely no use whatsoever. I do not have problems connecting to the side, I have problems with using certain features of the website. Forums work perfectly, browsing through files works perfectly, but changing my mods attributes doesn't.

So how I am supposed to put the function that's responsible for the 504 error into the linked website you've posted, if it can only be feeded with website links? There is no link I could feed it with, just a functional code I don't even have access to... :rolleyes:

Edit: Btw. it's working perfectly now, because it's morning CET and most US people are probably sleeping. Congested servers due to gigantic internet traffic swapping over from the U.S of the A? It's obvious... :whistling:

• 4 months later...

I have this problem too, and it's getting on my nerves.

This is the only website, that takes more that 5 seconds to load for me (and I don't have a high-end pc, nor a high network connection, just optimizing my firefox and windows settings did the job), and is the only website which gives me (infernally) those dumb 504 errors.

Is skyrim nexus on another host than the other nexuses? if yes, then change it. This huge traffic we, the users, "provide" might simulate a DDoS attack, that makes it give a 504 error.

Try to fix it, you are going to loose some members.

After reading the responses from the admin and staff, this is a little insulting. No, its not a problem on our side, its definitely on yours. I've had issues loading pages all over the nexus for the last two weeks. I even went to a neighbor's house to try and download a couple mods there, and same issue on their end.