Adding a Custom Radio Station

Site Bot

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

May I first say that this is an AMAZING guide. If I could gild it with platinum and frame it in gold I would.

Though for some (as I'm reading other comments) are a bit confused as to how to actually add the songs. And after a bit of tinkering around I have some clarification.

The "songs" that play on your station are the same as the "songs" that play as greetings. Create a new topic in your radio station (in this tut. it's RadioMonkeyOne) and right click, add new topic, etc. It's the same as making the greetings.

One thing to note is that (for me) the easiest way is to make sure the songs are Mono .wav files. (I couldn't find any rules against posting links but i'm not taking any chances.) PM me if you need to find a converter. You have to make the songs one at a time. Once you make one song it's copy-and-paste while changing the name and sound file.

IMPORTANT NOTE

Make sure that you make separate 'topics' for EACH SONG.

1.Create new topic, you can make it exactly like the greeting topics.

2.Double click it to open options

3.Rename it to whatever (like Song 01 etc.)

4.Go down to the bottom of the topics options

5.press record, let it run for a bit then stop it.

6.press save

7.Take your newly converted .wav song and put it in the folder where "Temp" is (see tut.)

8.Delete old Temp file, rename song "Temp"

9.Go back to the settings from before

10.Press Save, say yes when it asks you to replace, then select preview.

11.If preview plays the song, CONGRATULATIONS! Press OK (you already saved it.) and enjoy your new radio station song. if not...

12.The song you converted earlier was not the correct bit-rate. Experiment with different types (16-bit works for me.)

As an aside, if the radio station is selectable in-game but plays no sound, you likely messed up with the sound file for your greetings. Just go back to them, press record, stop it etc.

Once again, WONDERFUL tutorial. And I hope this solves any problems anyone is having with it.

dark_wizzie,

I try to clarify (on his part) about adding the music in the previous post, and no.You don't need to do that. To make the Temp file you don't need to record from Mic. (I think he says that in the tut. -.-) You just need to make a quick rec of nothing to make the Temp file, then you delete the old Temp and replace it with your (single) music file (which you will have named temp)

To explain it better, When you press "record" it makes a temporary file that it will save when you press "save". By replacing the Temporary file with your music the GECK saves the music instead of the junk you recorded earlier.

Make sense, or do I need to elaborate? I just want everybody to be able to enjoy this awesome Tutorial.

Sorry, i was never very good at following instructions, they make my head go crazy.

The problem is putting in more than 1 music in the radio. ATM, the radio works;... but it plays one song.

When I try putting another line in for another song, it keeps selecting the first song file. How do I change this? [This is the the same place where you press record]

http://www.fallout3nexus.com/imageshare/im...-1229226581.jpg

Edited by dark_wizzie

Hmmm, since you have 1 song going, select the topic and copy it. A copy of the previous topic should appear (so you should have 2 Topics that are exactly the same)

Then just change the name of the topic and repeat the record-save-replace-save instructions.

Also, MAKE SURE you are doing the songs ONE AT A TIME. If you have several topics that are all the same song this is your problem. Patience is a virtue.

------------------------------------------

About it pulling the same song, are you sure you are replacing the "Temp" (or "Temp.wav" if you have extensions turned on) file with the song you want? AND you are in the right folder? Just trying to figure out what exactly the problem is. Because when you press SAVE it saves whatever the "Temp" (or "Temp.wav") file is.

• 3 weeks later...