Cannot get skyrim hd textures to work

EmperrorPiehead

I got back into skyrim & i wanted to get a good texture pack & i saw skyrim hd in top files & downloaded the different packs. When nexus mod manager installs them it doesn't seem to work at all it just looks like the vanilla game. It is the full version & my computer can run it (gtx 670). Thanks to anyone who can help troubleshooting is not something i'm great at.

Did you alter your skyrim.ini and skyrimdefault.ini to allow use of textures with the Official HD DLC texture pack running? Instructions copied from a mod I have:

You may have noticed that when using the official DLC and/or this fix by activating their *.esp files, any textures put in "Data\textures\"

are not overriding any of the contents of the DLC and/or fix. The only work-around to this is to add the following like to your "Skyrim.ini"

after Skyrim - Textures.bsa in the [Archive] section, Skyrim.ini can be found in "Documents\My Games\Skyrim":

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

HighResTexturePack01.bsa, HighResTexturePack02.bsa, HighResTexturePackFix.bsa,

If you've done it right, your line should look like this:

[Archive]

sResourceArchiveList=Skyrim - Misc.bsa, Skyrim - Shaders.bsa, Skyrim - Textures.bsa, HighResTexturePack01.bsa, HighResTexturePack02.bsa, Skyrim - Interface.bsa, Skyrim - Animations.bsa, Skyrim - Meshes.bsa, Skyrim - Sounds.bsa

sResourceArchiveList2=Skyrim - Voices.bsa, Skyrim - VoicesExtra.bsa

(Make sure there is a space after each comma, and a comma between every entry, no space in front of the comma, names must be an exact match.) Then just disable or delete the highrestexturepack01.esp and highrestexturepack02.esp

You textures should then work, if you have not already done this.

Did you alter your skyrim.ini and skyrimdefault.ini to allow use of textures with the Official HD DLC texture pack running? Instructions copied from a mod I have:

You may have noticed that when using the official DLC and/or this fix by activating their *.esp files, any textures put in "Data\textures\"

are not overriding any of the contents of the DLC and/or fix. The only work-around to this is to add the following like to your "Skyrim.ini"

after Skyrim - Textures.bsa in the [Archive] section, Skyrim.ini can be found in "Documents\My Games\Skyrim":

HighResTexturePack01.bsa, HighResTexturePack02.bsa, HighResTexturePackFix.bsa,

If you've done it right, your line should look like this:

[Archive]

sResourceArchiveList=Skyrim - Misc.bsa, Skyrim - Shaders.bsa, Skyrim - Textures.bsa, HighResTexturePack01.bsa, HighResTexturePack02.bsa, Skyrim - Interface.bsa, Skyrim - Animations.bsa, Skyrim - Meshes.bsa, Skyrim - Sounds.bsa

sResourceArchiveList2=Skyrim - Voices.bsa, Skyrim - VoicesExtra.bsa

(Make sure there is a space after each comma, and a comma between every entry, no space in front of the comma, names must be an exact match.) Then just disable or delete the highrestexturepack01.esp and highrestexturepack02.esp

You textures should then work, if you have not already done this.

Sorry let me clarify its the skyrim hd 2k pack by Nebula1

no I know, but you need to make those changes in your .ini's before any texture mods will work properly. Bethesda's Official DLC HD Content will take precidance over textures unless those changes are made which will allow loose textures to work.

They patched the priority in 1.6 and all loose files will have priority over all .bsa archives (regardless of how the .bsa's are loaded). Adding the OHRTP .bsa's to the resource lists is still useful for getting rid of the two unnecessary plugins associated with the texture pack, but it won't solve your issue.

Try rebooting your PC, and make sure you have NMM's file path for your Skyrim directory setup properly. So long as NMM is placing the files in the right directory, they should be automatically overriding the default resouces stored in .bsa's. Keep in mind that no texture pack here on the Nexus is 100% inclusive and there will still be plenty of things with Bethesda textures around.