Become High King

reedbrate83

Don't really know if there is a mod to become High King or not, but i'm posting this anyway. I thought it would be pretty cool, have some sort of quest where, i don't know, do something for the Jarl of Solitude, and then marry her, and the wedding happens not in riften but in solitude, like the one Dark Brotherhood quest where you kill the emperors cousin or something during her wedding. Set up the wedding like that. Then you get a stewart, maybe one of your followers or use the one thats already in solitude, and you have random npcs from across skyrim come and tell you there problem, and the stewart would give you 2 or 3 ways to handle that problem. I don't know, just a thought. Really have know idea how tough that would be to mod, just a thought.

This is a mod that I have always wanted. Whoever were to create such a mod would have to do a ton of work to rework the game. The biggest hurdle I can see (aside from a HUGE quest alias list) is that guards in every town, and the jarls don't have the voice files for responding to the player with the proper dialogue. There's no "Greetings High King" voice for one. Guards would still say "What do you want little elf?" etc.

I always envisioned this to be a mod that would only function once the player had finished all of the main quests, all of the hold related quests, and killed Ulfric...at this point there is only 1 way to do that. But of course then there are the other jarls. The only way I can imagine that such a mod could work is if all the jarls were changed to killable characters, and once High King killed them, the mod would replace all of those jarls with custom characters that had voices which responded appropriately to the player.

It's basically rebuilding the game, and that's why I don't think we'll ever see the mod; even though I would download and play such a mod in a heartbeat.

This is a mod that I have always wanted. Whoever were to create such a mod would have to do a ton of work to rework the game. The biggest hurdle I can see (aside from a HUGE quest alias list) is that guards in every town, and the jarls don't have the voice files for responding to the player with the proper dialogue. There's no "Greetings High King" voice for one. Guards would still say "What do you want little elf?" etc.

I always envisioned this to be a mod that would only function once the player had finished all of the main quests, all of the hold related quests, and killed Ulfric...at this point there is only 1 way to do that. But of course then there are the other jarls. The only way I can imagine that such a mod could work is if all the jarls were changed to killable characters, and once High King killed them, the mod would replace all of those jarls with custom characters that had voices which responded appropriately to the player.

It's basically rebuilding the game, and that's why I don't think we'll ever see the mod; even though I would download and play such a mod in a heartbeat.

You don't necessarily need to go killing everyone off, especially since they don't have unique voices. I'm sure it's completely possible to splice some phrases together to get the right feel. Pretty much every says the words high king or jarl at least once.

dragonchris152 has a point with splicing the voices, thats pretty easy to do, i know how to do that, its just time consuming. But yeah Ahondara, it would be huge under taking, but definitley fun and entertaining once it was done, I mean really for all the guard voices, couldn't you just, splice them to all the guard voices, how many is that? 5? some thing like that, then couldn't ya just do a getstagedone for the main quest and civil war quest? and then setstage to dialogue conditions for guards, as soon as the high king quest started? I don't know, fun to dream, don't even know if that would work.