35 replies to this topic

Site Bot

Site Bot

Fear me

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 987,571 posts
Type 56 LMG

Adds a Type 56 LMG (Chinese equivalent of RPD) to the game.

SirRomin

SirRomin

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 93 posts
This looks fairly impressive although I haven't really tried it yet. Just curious are you shooting for "ballistic realism" with the 308 (sniper rifle) rounds? Aren't they a bit on the scarce side in the game to be using them up so fast?

Edited by SirRomin, 15 January 2013 - 08:18 PM.

PivMan

PivMan

Journeyman

• Members
  • Pip
  • 48 posts
Looks fantastic and the fact that it's actually added to level lists is great. Much better than sticking it in some random footlocker in Springvale. You even did the whole Wiki style statistics for it which helps a lot. Good work. Lore friendly too. Couple things that need to be specified though, is it RH_Ironsights compatible? You aren't really obligated to say so, but it's always nice to know. And does this use its own textures or does it pull from the default files? As in, if I have a Chinese Assault Rifle texture that isn't esp dependent that makes the wood a cleaner brown, would it be applied to this as well?

Edited by PivMan, 16 January 2013 - 03:12 AM.

Werne

Werne

Criminal Scum

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,958 posts
@SirRomin Ballistic realism is one of the reasons, the other one is the fact that 5.56 round is not the best ammunition for a machine gun. I mean yeah, it allows the weapon to have a higher rate of fire and to carry more rounds while having the same weight but it's inefficient compared to 7.62. I wanted a gun that has an impact with low rate of fire and that's where the Soviet 7.62x39mm is unmatched. Granted, .308 is rare, it's a rifle round but it's most similar to the German 7.92x33 which was used in assault rifles. And I compensated for it's rather fast ammo usage by making it precised and lowering it's rate of fire while retaining it's destructive properties so you don't waste bullets for nothing. @PivMan It's not Ironsights compatible yet, will be in a few hours if I'm lucky, it requires quite some work on the mesh. They're disabled for now so the gun won't block your view if you use RH_Ironsights. And it uses vanilla 1st person textures (they look much better) for everything except the stock. Stock is cut off from the Combat Shotgun so I had to change the texture. So yeah, if you have a Chinese Assault Rifle retex, it will be applied to my gun as well.

Edited by Werne, 16 January 2013 - 12:01 PM.

Badshots son

Badshots son

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts
was strolling along and saw this.... love it its a great idea, the textures and mesh keep it lore-friendly so to speak for people like me who got tired of all the polished shiny gun mods and decided to keep the original bethesda weapons. cant wait to try it out!

SirRomin

SirRomin

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 93 posts
Far be it from me, someone who's character likes to stealth around slapping down enemies with a weapon made from the severed hand of a fictitious mutant monster, to debate the merits of real world ammo options in a fantasy scenario. Although your real world logic is sound considering the .308 (7.62x51 or .308 Winchester), or even the Soviet 7.62x39 both have more knockdown power than a 5.56x45 on planet Earth. The thing is, I divine the game doesn't really care all that much. Otherwise; Raiders wouldn't still be energetically hostile after putting two 12ga. rounds in their face, even if they are on drugs. Anyway, if you wouldn't mind a bit of constructive criticism, I imagine that your LMG would look a whole lot better if you used a texture that fits the model instead of the vanilla assault rifle (Chinese assault rifle) texture which makes the longer barrel look... well, sorta weird actually. Also, have you considered adding some .308 ammo to merchants to compensate for the scarcity of it? (I hate it when games do that. I guess it would be too "unbalancing", or too much fun, or something if they didn't.) Here's the thing; I'm about 180 hours into my current play-through; I've purchased and horded most of my .308 ammo, but I still have only about 1200 rounds saved up. A few good sprees and it would be gone. Bummer!

Edited by SirRomin, 18 January 2013 - 01:42 AM.

loudheavy

loudheavy

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 108 posts
@SirRomin Looks pretty damn good to me, & lore friendly. He's even given us a calibr version. Thanks for sharing your great work (as usual) Werne.

Edited by loudheavy, 18 January 2013 - 09:52 AM.

fiskin1

fiskin1

Faithful poster

• Premium Member
  • 1,073 posts
@Werne, I really like the look of this gun. As a long time player of FO3, I am always looking for new guns to use in my game. Variety is the spice of life after all. Thank you so much for making a CALIBR version as I use the Book of Earache and CALIBR together. I appreciate you adding it to the leveled lists and vendor lists as well. Cant wait to try it in game. Very lore friendly as well, which is always appreciated. Thanks for sharing this gun. Be back to comment and endorse.

Edited by fiskin1, 19 January 2013 - 01:29 AM.

Werne

Werne

Criminal Scum

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,958 posts
@Badshots son Thanks.

@SirRomin I won't be changing the texture, I like it this way and that's what's important to me. And yeah, I added some .308 ammo to the merchants. Not too much though, don't expect to go in a store and buy a 100 rounds, I still want to have that "s***, ammo is rare" feeling.

I mean, why is there so much ammo after 200 years anyway?

@loudheavy Thanks man.

@fiskin1 Glad you like it.

runicsepheroth

runicsepheroth

Stranger

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
How do I obtain this weapon?

Page loaded in: 1.531 seconds