4026 replies to this topic

Dziggy

Dziggy

Faithful poster

• Supporter
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,287 posts
In response to post #7695483.

Thanks. So many people want an alternate version to toggle almost every feature of this mod. Unfortunately, I can't make an custom version for everyone. Sorry.

daishi246

daishi246

Stranger

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
In response to post #7695811.

Edit to my own post: It definitely seems to be an issue with the "Immersive Sounds" not being as compatible with your mod as claimed. Fiddling more with making sure I removed "Immersive Sounds" and reinstalled Ziggys Mod cleanly, I found my map free of fog...beautiful. Still no wingsuit, but I'm guessing I would have to restart the game to have that script run to give me it...which isn't going to happen at this point.

Dziggy

Dziggy

Faithful poster

• Supporter
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,287 posts
In response to post #7695811. #7696426 is also a reply to the same post.

There's nothing I can do about the QTEs, and this mod does remove the humming sounds from the loading screen and world map.

I'm going to say you installed the mod incorrectly, or something got messed up in your game's files. If you have the Steam version, verify your game's cache through Steam then re-install the mod after Steam re-downloads any files it needs to. If you don't have the Steam version, I'd re-install the game, then install the mod over it.

Dziggy

Dziggy

Faithful poster

• Supporter
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,287 posts
In response to post #7689219. #7690046, #7696169 are all replies on the same post.

The game is going to be a lot harder if you install this mod for your first play-through, you should expect that. This mod is intended to make the game more challenging for people who have already played through the game once and know what they're doing. If you want to play with the mod installed on your first play-through, that's fine, but just know that things, like this, will be a lot harder for you than they probably should be.

Dziggy

Dziggy

Faithful poster

• Supporter
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,287 posts
In response to post #7695811. #7696426, #7696482 are all replies on the same post.

The files from the Immersive Sounds mod overwrite the files in my mod, so if his mod doesn't include some of the changes that mine does in those files, you will lose those changes. I'm not sure if the Immersive Sounds mod unlocks the full world map from game start or not, but if not, that would be why. If it is supposed to, then I'm not sure what happened.

Either way, glad you got it working now. The wingsuit should be unlocked since those files do not effect that unlocking. Jump off a cliff and hold the jump button in the air until your wingsuit deploys. If you really don't have it, then yes, you would need to start a new game for it to unlock.

Tskales

Tskales

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 84 posts
Will you please consider changing the controls for the wingsuit? I did a perfect sweep of a difficult outpost the other day, and when i went to finish off the last baddie with a jump takedown from a roof, i held the jump button a split second too long and flew into a wall and died.

Surely i'm not the only that's having a problem with this?

CovertKish

CovertKish

Fan

• Supporter
  • PipPipPip
  • 258 posts
In response to post #7698226.

Just be more careful. It feels very intuitive after a while not having to hit a separate key to deploy the suit and new deployment method has actually saved me many times due to one-key mapping in combat situations and getaways. For your information there is still a pretty safe delay between jumping and deploying the suit so you should not really be dying from holding the jump key too long. Hit the jump key to jump, hold the jump key for 1-2 seconds to deploy the wingsuit. You should not be having wingsuit accidents because the safety delay is still in place. You just need to be more careful. I remember the very first version of this mod (literally when it came out v1.0) had the deployment key set as holding the jump key but there was no delay whatsoever and that did prove to be a problem as many people including myself had accidents jumping normally and because there was no delay, you were highly likely to unintentionally hold your jump key a millisecond too long and therefore end up dying flying into the ground from 1m in the air. It was quite funny to be fair and the mod author quickly realised due to the feedback that the safety delay for the suit needed to be reinstated.

Edited by CovertKish, 29 March 2013 - 02:01 PM.

baal1980

baal1980

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 115 posts
Ziggy, I just want to say that people like you are one of the main reasons PC gaming is so awesome. After finishing the vanilla playthrough yesterday, I'm having a total blast playing with your mod. It changes FC3 to a totally different and (IMO) much better experience. Kudos to you, my friend!

AudiS3

AudiS3

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 63 posts
In response to post #7689219. #7690046, #7696169, #7696498 are all replies on the same post.

Ok thanks, I didnt know that you mod completly changed the game, but from the comments I read it changes for good and makes it even better.
The only thing for me is only mini map in the compass not showing icons the rest is good for me, when I started the game there was no intro when he and his brother escape the camp, is it your mod that removes the biggining of the game?
I saw the biggining on youtube, but mine started when he wakes up in the village.
Thanks for this awesome mod.
Will endorse right now

Cosmusik

Cosmusik

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts
The increased zoom levels for the M700 sniper rifle still don't work. I'm assuming this is something you're aware of since I see fixes for the other rifles in the v2.4 notes. I'm using v2.5 and just wanted to let you know in case you didn't.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Page loaded in: 1.199 seconds