• 281 posts
I rest my case.

BMarty

BMarty

Stranger

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

I am using ver 2.11 and enjoying it a lot.  I just downloaded 2.2 so I'll try that soon.

I'm with a couple others in that I wish you would change the key for the wingsuit.  I don't wish to use it at all but keep hitting it accidently when in a rush to do something.  Either set it to a totally different key or have an option to remove it completely.

I like the compass instead of a minimap, but could we have a near real compass with all four points of direction?  Sometimes it is difficult to see the letter N due to background colors so all I have are a bunch of blank lines.  It would be great if we could have a real compass with degree measurements.  The ultimate would probably be an ability to have the compass not show at all until you want to 'check' it and then put it away again.

I find I really resent the quicktime actions in this game.  In my case, using mouse and keyboard, there is no 'game' to doing these.  It amounts to staring at the bottom of the computer screen waiting for some letter to pop up then trying to press that key as quickly as possible.  Most of the time I have no idea what game actions are occurring in the background as I'm just focusing on the letter to press.  Does anyone really think this is fun, even on a controller?

Is there anyway to just skip these actions like you did the opening part of the game?  Additionally, it would be nice if there was some way to have different events be completed just so you can carry on the game.  For example, I might never be able to drive fast enough to finish some time trial, thus can't go ahead in the game, just get stuck at that point.  There is a similar situation with some of the other trials where once you start, you can't exit with doing something specific.  There ought to be a way to complete those sequences, even with the lowest score possible, but counted as complete so you can finish the game.

You've done an excellent job with this mod and I look forward to your future addtions.

Thanks!

Dziggy

Dziggy

Faithful poster

• Supporter
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,499 posts
@BMarty:

The key for the wingsuit is simple to change. Just unpack to patch files, open up the action maps file, do a search for "wingsuit" and change it to any key you'd like. I have gotten both positive and negative feedback about it, so it's not something I'm looking to change at the moment.

The compass is about as functional as it can be right now. There is only one icon rotating around the compass, so I can't add the other compass directions to it. Also, I don't think there is a way to toggle it on or off.

There is nothing I can do about the button press events during cutscenes. It might be possible to remove them from the cutscenes, but it's not something I know how to do.

Baleur

Baleur

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 96 posts
But hang on, during quick-time events the button promts are removed, are they not?
How are u supposed to deal with awful QTE's without even knowing which buttons to press or wether to tap, spam, or hold?

Dziggy

Dziggy

Faithful poster

• Supporter
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,499 posts
No, the prompts during those events are not hidden.

Baleur

Baleur

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 96 posts
Oh apologizes, i must be blind! Them placebos!
In that case there's nothing i can complain about, what a bummer =D

ToxicEvent

ToxicEvent

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts
I've got a bug in version 2.2 regular, after the crafting tutorial, when you ride in the truck with dennis on the way to the first stronghold takeover, when we arrive, he exits the truck, and i seem to be stuck in the passenger seat, holding X (interact button on a 360 controller) doesnt work to exit, when i press Y (switch weapons) my hands come up holding the pistol for a second but go down again, like if you try to equip weapons in a town. i can pan the camera like normal but cant move. i cant jump or crouch or fast travel. i have restarted the mission and started new games, to no avail. I'm very excited to play your mod but cant get past this part =\

Dziggy

Dziggy

Faithful poster

• Supporter
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,499 posts
@ToxicEvent: You should just have to tap the interaction button to exit a vehicle. I intend to fully test controller controls today, so it'll be fixed in the next update (which I'm hoping will be tonight) if it is a bug. Until then you might just have to switch over to the keyboard for that one part. Thanks for letting me know.

Edited by Dziggy, 18 February 2013 - 11:15 AM.

sgrhill

sgrhill

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 51 posts

@ToxicEvent: This is not a mod related issue. Other people with the default game had this problem. See this link.

I also had this problem. Like Dziggy said: the interactive button sets you free.

disappearer

disappearer

Stranger

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
I would LOVE to play through again with the mod on hardcore mode, but I would like to remove one thing from the mod: - remove free unlocks from dropped weapons I would rather keep all the weapons I find, to have an incentive to take out more camps and loot a sniper to get my first sniper rifle, instead of buying it. I have extracted the files successfully, what do I need to edit to remove this bit from the hardcore version? PS: Why are dlls included? Are these modified?

Edited by disappearer, 18 February 2013 - 04:51 PM.

Page loaded in: 1.029 seconds