Editing Meshes in Blender

menathradiel

I've decided to try and learn how to make meshes, but since I've never done anything except retexture before (which is a relatively simple process, let's be honest) I thought it would be better to play around with one of the vanilla Skyrim armours, just to learn my way around blender and get the hang of things before taking on the more ambitious project of creating something from scratch.

I'm having a problem importing the armour I've chosen (basic female hide) into blender. I've followed the steps in this tutorial, downloaded and installed everything it says, but I keep getting a series of python errors when importing the mesh into blender. I've followed the instructions about editing the mesh with NifSkope before importing, but it doesn't seem to be working. Is there another step that the tutorial has missed?

Any help would be most appreciated!

I've decided to try and learn how to make meshes, but since I've never done anything except retexture before (which is a relatively simple process, let's be honest) I thought it would be better to play around with one of the vanilla Skyrim armours, just to learn my way around blender and get the hang of things before taking on the more ambitious project of creating something from scratch.

I'm having a problem importing the armour I've chosen (basic female hide) into blender. I've followed the steps in this tutorial, downloaded and installed everything it says, but I keep getting a series of python errors when importing the mesh into blender. I've followed the instructions about editing the mesh with NifSkope before importing, but it doesn't seem to be working. Is there another step that the tutorial has missed?

Any help would be most appreciated!

using blender is one of the hardest things i ever attempted to learn!!

I recommend to have a look at the tutorial section of TES Alliance:

http://tesalliance.org/forums/index.php?/tutorials/category/40-3d-craftworks/

"Creating Skyrim Armor in Blender " - Part 3 covers the import of armor into blender for instance.

Thanks for the link! It seems like a much more comprehensive tutorial than the one I have been using. I'll let you know if it helps.

Came back to update. I still get the errors when importing a mesh, even when using the settings that the above mentioned tutorial told me to. However, the meshes load into blender (with either tutorial) and I am able to edit them, so should I just ignore the python errors, since they do not appear to be affecting functionality? Also, I tried to import an Oblivion mesh, to see if that would work, and it did with no errors, so perhaps this is something to do with Skyrim meshes or a step I am missing in NifSkope?

What I do in Nifskope.

Change User Version & User Version 2: 11 and 34 respectively.

Delete the branches for BSLightingShaderProperty.

Save as new file.

If there's something else I should be doing it is not mentioned in either of the tutorials.

edit: confusion over numbers, got them backwards.

• 7 months later...

i'm sorry to recovering this thread from his tomb :D but i was attempting the same things as this guy up there....

actually i succesfully imported a mesh .nif file into blender and worked to delete some vertexes and reshaped a bit the vanilla one, after that i attempted to export my work into skyrim again but when i assign the mesh to the obj in the CK it always give me the exclamation mark mesh :sad:

do you know why this occurs???? (obviously i'm using blender 2.49b too ;) )

Edited by mybad